We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun or El Dorado Royale

Atlanta
7 posts
Save Topic
Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun or El Dorado Royale

Want to ask for the opinions of people who have been to both places. From the reviews, seems like you can't go wrong with either of them. Here are some of my specific questions:

--The beach: Seems like EDR's is nicer? because it was less affected by the hurrian, true?

-- The beach beds: we don't like laying in the sun, most of the time we'll be in the water , if we are out of the water, we'd try to look for shades. So the beach beds at EDR seem to be nicer in that aspect (and more comfortable). same goes with the pool side, we are not into laying in the sun by the pool side if there is no shades. But Secrets does seem to have lots of cabana too.

-- The food: I read that both are good/great. seems like EDR is a bit better?

-- Entertainment: both are good, seems like EDR is a bit better, is it true?

-- Bar and night life: We don't drink, so after watching the show we'd probably be done, so no difference to us there.

-- Tennis court: We love play tennis. Both place seems to have tennis court. Which one is better? Also, I read that EDR has tennis court, but I only saw it mentioned in the EDR Casita Suite, doesn't mean we won't be able to have access if we are not staying in Casitas right?

All in all, seems like EDR is a little better,

-- Is that impression correct?

-- The price for EDR is $56 a day per person more than Secrets. Value wise, is it worth the extra $112 a day to stay in EDR?

also, we are not sure doing 4 nights or 7 nights. The longer, the better, I know, but that depends on our parent's schedule cause they are watching our daughter. If we stay 4 nights, and hence missing the weekend in the resorts, would we miss anything?

Thanks for anyone who can help provide input!!!!!

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun or El Dorado Royale

Been to both. Wasn't really impressed with EDR. Didn't really care for the beach and one of the folks in our party became incredibly ill there after eating a display of shrimp.

Capris beach took a hit from the last hurricane and the resort is old and tired. Not much to do after sunset.

We were more impressed with the Valentine Imperial Maya. Much more for the money.

Our best experience at RM has still been Secrets Maroma Beach. I almost cried when I had to leave.

Atlanta
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun or El Dorado Royale

thank you ZetababePa. Wow, I am surprised to hear about someone getting sick. Valentine Imperial Maya is about the same price as EDR, so you think it's better value?

3. Re: Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun or El Dorado Royale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 11:16