We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone from the cancel AA flight on 10/20?

Syracuse, Utah
Level Contributor
219 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone from the cancel AA flight on 10/20?

I am curious if anyone else was on the canceled 2:45pm flight from Cancun to DFW on 10/20? If so what was your experience getting home after that? Ours was absolutely awful!! We didn't get home for another 48 hours and 2 more layover (one including a 4 hour wait in a roasting hot plane and the other in a dirty hotel)!! I called AA to complain about this experience and was told I had to fill out a form online. I filled out the form twice now & haven't heard a thing. I am usually an easy going traveler, but this experience was the absolute worst!!

Any suggestions for being heard by AA?

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone from the cancel AA flight on 10/20?

Maybe post on the "air travel" forum? Lots of experienced flyers there.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,621 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone from the cancel AA flight on 10/20?

It was a bad weather system that impacted millions. About 100 dead. Perhaps hundreds or thousands with major or catastrophic residential damage.

So was your situation really that bad?

Syracuse, Utah
Level Contributor
219 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone from the cancel AA flight on 10/20?

Nope, it was a week before Sandy hit. I can give you some more details if you would like, but we were completely impacted by bad service, not weather.

Edited: 06 November 2012, 19:48
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,621 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone from the cancel AA flight on 10/20?

You are right. Sandy was about nine days later.

Details would be useful info.

Donnellson, Iowa
Level Contributor
995 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone from the cancel AA flight on 10/20?

Minnie

Sorry for your bad experience. I personally think AA stinks and would never use them again. In fact, when I fly in Oct for work, I opted to go Delta, even though it cost more. My experience was no where near as bad as yours. Just made me uncomfortable flying with a company in which quality and service is not important to them at all.

6. Re: Anyone from the cancel AA flight on 10/20?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2013, 10:16