We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Blanc or Secrets Maroma...need help deciding!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
203 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Le Blanc or Secrets Maroma...need help deciding!

We can't make a decision! We are a 40 year old couple trying to escape the cold, Minnesota winter.

Our top priority is the food- we like gourmet, high quality food.

Next is the vibe of the resort- we like peaceful, quiet/low key. We don't like having to fight for a chair or a dinner reservation.

Last time we stayed at the Maroma Resort and Spa- we loved it! However, we want to try an all-inclusive this time.

Any help is much appreciated!

London
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Blanc or Secrets Maroma...need help deciding!

Secrets maroma is an all inclusive. Even free room service :)

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Blanc or Secrets Maroma...need help deciding!

LeBlanc is an excellent resort IMO.

No reservations, excellent food, nice choice of included wines by bottle or glass (not available at Secrets), top shelf readily available, exceptional service, great location, superb spa and fitness facilities. We have stayed there 4x and it is a favorite.

We have not stayed at SMB but have visited. Other than a nice beach, it did not appeal to us enough to ever stay there. Beach is pretty and resort is attractive. It is very popular so many obviously enjoy what it has to offer.

Since you are used to luxury, you might consider Grand Velas which is the best AI we have ever stayed in and exceptional in every way.

After GV, we would choose LeBlanc or El Dorado Maroma. We love the beach, staff and intimate size of EDM and will be returning next year for our third stay.

We stay nearby at El Dorado Maroma which is another favorite.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,736 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Blanc or Secrets Maroma...need help deciding!

The beach at Maroma is outstanding.........rated in the top 10....

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Blanc or Secrets Maroma...need help deciding!

Le Blanc, hands down, based on what you say you want. SMB isn't even in the same league.

Berwick, Maine
Level Contributor
811 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Blanc or Secrets Maroma...need help deciding!

We have been to both and I totally agree with Spotsmom , LeBlanc handsdown is what you are looking for.

Yonkers, NY
Level Contributor
500 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Le Blanc or Secrets Maroma...need help deciding!

Leblanc is way better than smb.If you can go with Le blanc dont even think twice.

Weston, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Le Blanc or Secrets Maroma...need help deciding!

If you loved Maroma go to The Viceroy and do their all-inclusive package.

Maroma Resort and Le Blanc are like oil and water, VERY different resorts that cater to a very different crowd. Both are pricey and have excellent service, but that is where the similarity ends.

8. Re: Le Blanc or Secrets Maroma...need help deciding!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 December 2012, 16:05
Edited: 13 December 2012, 16:05
Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,553 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Le Blanc or Secrets Maroma...need help deciding!

2 Questions:

How are Maroma Resort and Le Blanc like oil and water? Not disagreeing with you (never been to either), just curious;

and, are you recommending they book through a "Virtuoso" agent b/c you are one?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Le Blanc or Secrets Maroma...need help deciding!

I've never stayed at either, and probably never will, since I don't stay at resorts.

However, from reading this board, I can tell you I would never stay in a regular room at Le Blanc. No balconies.

I live on the balcony when I'm in the tropics. Lack of a balcony would be a deal breaker for me.