We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Resorts

Level Contributor
849 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets Resorts

We are planning our wedding in Riviera Maya and have stayed at several resorts in the area but are thinking Secrets for this occasion. The Maroma is slightly out of our budget though I hear it is the best of the three (Silversands, Capri, Maroma) by far. Can you please give me your opinions on the pros/cons of any of these resorts so I can make a decision? We stayed at the Royal PDC in November and it was supposed to be a beautiful location, etc., but the sea was so rough, and not calm like other resorts we have stayed (Iberostar Lindo and Sandos Riviera) so we did not enjoy our stay that much as we are beach people. So top on the list is a nice calm and clean beach and good food/drinks. Any help would be much appreciated!

Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,666 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Resorts

For a noneymoon, I would choose SSS. I have two reviews of SSS if you would like to read them. Capri seems older and the talk seems like the liquor selection is poor. If there is any way to swing SMB, I would go there in a heartbeat, but really like SSS as well. Also take a look at the Valentin.

Berwick, Maine
Level Contributor
811 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Resorts

We have stayed at all three Secrets in this area and are big fans of the Secrets brand . 2X each at SSS and 2X at SC , once at SMB , I would definately suggest Secrets Maroma for a wedding , we saw at least a wedding a day while there and they do a great job with weddings there. SSS is also a real nice resort and I would recomend them . We just got back from SC and although we loved our first visit there we were extremely disappointed with this visit there . Lots of issues at Capri , it is getting tired as others have mentioned and it does show. Congrats on you wedding hope all goes well for you.

Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Resorts

Just saw pics of a wedding at the new Secrets the Vine in Cancun. I know that it's not in the Riviera but the wedding looked fabulous.

I would look at ERC or EPM for a wedding too.

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
4. Re: Secrets Resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2014, 10:16