We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach Resort vs Sandos Caracol Eco Resor

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach Resort vs Sandos Caracol Eco Resor

Hi,

Please share your thoughts for the topic. We are traveling with 3 kids - 2, 6, 11. Both resorts look family friendly and have many good reviews. One has water park, another has lazy river. Hard to decide :)

Thank you!

Fontana, CA
Level Contributor
46 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach Resort vs Sandos Caracol Eco Resor

bump

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach Resort vs Sandos Caracol Eco Resor

bump

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
205 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach Resort vs Sandos Caracol Eco Resor

I would go with The water park (Sandos). The 2&6 may not be able to use the lazy river if it's deep. Even if the 2yr old had life jacket, it's very dramatic to fall into the river.

Did you ask the kids to see what they would prefer? Pull up pictures and show them.

BC
Level Contributor
174 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach Resort vs Sandos Caracol Eco Resor

Hi, we've stayed at both. I think you and your kids would enjoy both for different reasons. We stayed at Grand Sirenis first year it opened, so things may have changed. We also love the Akumal area, but our kids were a bit older. It's a neat beach that the kids can snorkel at and it's somewhat protected. Sandos was too, because of the big "beached whales" that were in place while we were there. The kids loved the wild life at Sandos. Better alcohol and dining choices were available at Grand Sirenis, but again this may have changed since the class system has started there too. (Select club etc) read up on recent reviews and maybe that can help you. We also liked the "town centre" feel of Sandos. Some people don't like the Grand Sirenis beach, but we actually quite liked it for its interest. I'm about to be offline for 11 days...WIFI too expensive at our resort waahhhh!! So if I don't answer any follow up questions, that's why! I think both are great for different reasons!

5. Re: Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach Resort vs Sandos Caracol Eco Resor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2015, 04:26