We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valentin Imperial Maya-which type of room should we get?

Austin, Texas
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Valentin Imperial Maya-which type of room should we get?

Trying to decide between deluxe,silver or gold. Price points are not that much different, but enough to pay for a massage. (which brings me to my second question: how's the spa and can you make reservations before you arrive for a massage?)

I thought I wanted silver bc of the king bed (it's our 20th anniversary) but they look so far away from everything, mainly the beach. We're also going with 3 other couples and want to be near each other. Seems more fun to be all in deluxes near the main pool. Then there's the gold? is it worth $140 more to be over there, again possibly very far from the restaurants? i'm torn. I dpn't think everyone in the group wants to pay for the gold room.

How hard is it to get a king in a deluxe?

thanks for the input!

Normal, Illinois
Level Contributor
748 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya-which type of room should we get?

We were there 2011 Thanksgiving for 8 days. We opted for the Emerald room. As I recall, it was kind of a price jump. It's a large resort and we were far from most things. If I go again, I would go Silver. A friend stayed prior to us ( I don't recall when) - they upgraded upon arrival to gold. If I could redo - is go with the silver.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,631 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya-which type of room should we get?

We were in a golden swim up at the far end of bld 7. It was a bit of a schlep to get anywhere. If you get one, there is no guarantee that they won't stick you really far away in bld 8.

Deluxe rooms are only closer than Silver rooms if you get in bldgs 4 or 5. If they put you in 3, you won't be close to anything either.

I'd do Silver suites for everyone and request building 2. For me, a guarantee of a king bed is big feature.

Apple Valley...
Level Contributor
57 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya-which type of room should we get?

One thing to consider is the bathroom design. Go to resorts website and look at the room descriptions, a lot of the rooms have an "open bathroom" concept.

We are going for the first time in April and opted for the Emerald suite in large part because of the closed bathroom. After 21 years of marriage, romance means a closed off bathroom :-).

Also, we dont mind the extra walking and find it a good way to work off drinks and meals.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya-which type of room should we get?

We would want golden swimup bld 6. or standard golden bldg 6. That's going to be what we request if we end up going back next year.

Staten Island, NY
Level Contributor
48 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya-which type of room should we get?

Hi,

I emailed the resort 1 week prior to request 2 rooms in Blgd 5 next to each other, 3rd floor, king beds (deluxe rooms, no upgrade). We were travelling with another couple. I received a response will try to accommodate, no guarantee. Upon arrival, I found our request granted. Just instead of 3rd floor, was 2nd floor. We did not upgrade, deluxe rooms were perfect size, nice big terrace too, soft beds, lots of pillows. Great location, close to pool and beach. Only 1 sink in bathroom, but otherwise very roomy, separate shower and tub and closed off from room. We girls had massages on the beach with saved $$.

Enjoy

Texas
Level Contributor
3,717 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya-which type of room should we get?

We've been 3 times, stayed in a Silver Suite (building 2) the 1st two trips and in a deluxe jr. suite last year (building 3). We will continue to book a deluxe jr. suite for any future trips to VIM. I know we risk not getting a king size bed but we don't care much about that, we lucked out and got a king bed on our last trip but not a big deal to us either way.

We didn't like the layout or the location of the silver suites. When my husband ate something that didn't agree with him on the 1st trip it wasn't fun waking up to those sounds with only a sheer curtain seperating it (and the lights). We weren't impressed with the jacuzzi at all either, it seemed small & after trying it one time we gave up (it was nothing compared to the jacuzzis in the rooms at Royal Playa Del Carmen for example).

The rooms are the exact same size so we felt like we had more room to use with that solid wall being there in the deluxe suites. We loved the location of our room in building 3, we could get to the breakfast buffet (Le Marche) in less than 2 minutes and to the Plaza at night in about 3 minutes whereas our trek from building 2 was much longer.

We'd probably turn down an upgrade to anything higher than silver...it all depends on where the room is. If it was in one of the further rooms in those buildings I'd still much rather be in building 3 again.

Good luck!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya-which type of room should we get?

The golden suites really aren't that far away from the restaurants. We found a shortcut thru building 3, right across from building 7. It takes you right in front of LeMarche and close to the rest of the cluster of restaurants.

Goldens would always be my choice, also close to the main pool via walkway between building 4 and 5.

No real need for your friends to be in the same category room. You'll be meeting up at the pool, beach or restaurants anyway. That way, they can book a room depending on their budget.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,025 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya-which type of room should we get?

We've been to VIM five times. Have been in Golden Suites twice and standard rooms three times. We always request a King bed and a non ground level room and have always gotten what we asked for (we never ask for a specific building in case they want to upgrade us).

Golden Suites are larger than standard, but the standard room is a nice size. The standard rooms are very centrally located for the restaurants, the pool and the ocean.

I'd just go with the standard.

9. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya-which type of room should we get?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2014, 06:17