We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valentin Imperial Maya - shuttle bus??

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Valentin Imperial Maya - shuttle bus??

Hi guys,

I read somewhere about a shuttle bus from Valentin Imperial Maya to Playa del Carmen.

Is this still the case??

If not, what's the best way to get to Playa del Carmen - bus/taxi etc?

Thanks,

Ian

Darlington, England
Level Contributor
113 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya - shuttle bus??

**BUMP** I need to know this too!!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,616 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya - shuttle bus??

From what I recall, they do offer a shuttle. The cost was $17/person/RT. You are on their schedule, set times for drop off/pick up. It may have gone up since then, this was in 2010. Or you could taxi it into town. Share the cost with another couple. It was $22 for up to 4 people one way. This way you can leave when you like and return when you like. The taxis are lined up, just tell the guy at the desk to call a taxi in for you. Be sure to agree on the cost when you get in the taxi.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,600 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya - shuttle bus??

I've got the newsletters from last year (September/October 2012).

The shuttle was running at that time to Playa del Carmen on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday departing at 10:30 am and returning at 2:30 pm or departing at 3.30 pm and returning at 7:30 pm. The cost is shown as US$18 per person, round trip. You can't mix and match your times - i.e. you can't depart at 10:30 pm and return at 7:30 pm.

On Tuesdays, the offer a shuttle to Tulum-Akumal at 9:00 am, returning at 4:30 pm for US$30 per person.

On Friday, there's a suttle to Cancun (Mercado 28, La Isla and Mirador Playa Delfines) that leaves the resort at 3:30 pm and returns at 9-m for a cost of US$30 per person.

As noted by Shelb, the cost of a taxi is roughly US$25 each way. The best option is to find another couple and share a cab to Playa del Carmen but find your own way home when you're done. This will cost you marginally less than using the shuttle but the main advantage is not that you will save a few bucks, it's that you will be on your own schedule and not someone else's.

Edited: 13 September 2013, 19:00
4. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya - shuttle bus??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2014, 06:33