We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xel-Ha or Xcaret

Alberta
Level Contributor
367 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Xel-Ha or Xcaret

Heading to 2 weddings one week apart at the Iberostar Paraiso (?) with 4 grandkids ages 6,4,3,1.. Wondering which water park would be best for us. I love to snorkel but obviously can't snorkel with them. It will be one of these two parks so your opinions are appreciated.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xel-Ha or Xcaret

With kids that young I would not do Xe-Hal. It is almost all water activities. Lazy river float, snorkeling, zip lining into water, cliff jumps into water.

Xcaret is more suited to younger children (kinda) because there is more to do out of the water.

Animals, nature walks, Mayan dancers, evening shows, butterfly expo

Honestly I wouldn't take a 1&3 yr old to either.

But that's just me. I know plenty of ppl who have and loved every minute. I just stress to easily for chasing after kids in unfamiliar places :)

Happy travels

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
440 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xel-Ha or Xcaret

The little ones might enjoy Crococun Zoo, just outside of Puerto Morelos. Otherwise I would choose Xcaret.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,553 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xel-Ha or Xcaret

I agree, those little ones I doubt would enjoy Xel Ha since they cannot do many of the water activities.

I agree that Xcaret or even Crococun Zoo would be better fits

Alberta
Level Contributor
367 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xel-Ha or Xcaret

Just found out the hotel changed from Iberostar to Palladium White Sand. What might I find for them in that area.

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
440 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xel-Ha or Xcaret

Really doesn't matter. You will have to get transportation of some kind anyway.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xel-Ha or Xcaret

Post 3 still just fine. Also the Xaman Ha Aviary very close and kids can-do butterflys.

7. Re: Xel-Ha or Xcaret

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2014, 05:17