Hello fellow Travelers. I am looking to take a 5 day/4 night vacation either in Mexico or the Carribean. I am really excited and very much looking forward to this much needed vacation (but I can't get there if I can't choose :-)... So I would LOVE to hear from some of the experienced travelers here who may be able to guide me in the right direction... I really have no preference as to Mexico or somewhere else in the Carribean (EXCEPT JAMAICA- just because I have already been there twice (and loved it)- I just want to expand my horizons a bit with going somewhere different... The options are so plentiful (Temptation Resort, Excellence, Secrets, Iberostar, Dreams... the information is just starting to float around in my head...lol...). So just a little about what I'm looking for:
*I'm a female in my early 30's and will be traveling with my mom most likely (We're no prudes- we have been to Hedonism after all :-)
Most Important Things are:
1. All-INCLUSIVE (A MUST)
2. ADULT-Only (Preferred) that doesn't feel crowded- a kind of relaxed, free-flowing or laid back vibe during the day, but somewhere that has evening shows or entertainment at the resort
3. GOOD FOOD and Selection (Particularly Seafood, Omelettes Made to Order, Perhaps a Lobster night on the beach, etc)- 24 hr. room service would be nice, but not necessary
4. Great Accomadations (Clean, Updated Rooms with television)
5. Great BEACH (I would love to SNORKEL, but I have been told that generally a "great beach" and snorkeling are mutually exclusive because when people say "great beach," they usually mean a nice, accessible, swimmable beach with sand and no rocks. And apparently snorkeling spots are usually rocky areas. So if I have to choose, I would prefer a nice swimmable beach with nice sand and little rocks. Perhaps I can find a resort with snorkeling somewhere nearby).
6. Day Activities such and Volleyball, Jet-Skiing, etc...
7 Not too far of a distance from whatever airport flown into (perhaps 45 min. or less)
8. Great Service/Staff Reputation
9. Affordable (Cost is a consideration- plan to go through CheapCarribean)
If anyone has visited an All-Inclusive that you can recommend that you believe I would enjoy from what I stated above, please let me know your thoughts... I'd like to be able to narrow it down to a few in the next week or so... I know I've asked alot. But I've tried to be as specific as possible as I know there are some very well-traveled folks on here :-) Thanks to everyone.