We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

*Need Help Narrowing Down Adult AI's in Mexico/Caribbean*

Maryland
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
*Need Help Narrowing Down Adult AI's in Mexico/Caribbean*

Hello fellow Travelers. I am looking to take a 5 day/4 night vacation either in Mexico or the Carribean. I am really excited and very much looking forward to this much needed vacation (but I can't get there if I can't choose :-)... So I would LOVE to hear from some of the experienced travelers here who may be able to guide me in the right direction... I really have no preference as to Mexico or somewhere else in the Carribean (EXCEPT JAMAICA- just because I have already been there twice (and loved it)- I just want to expand my horizons a bit with going somewhere different... The options are so plentiful (Temptation Resort, Excellence, Secrets, Iberostar, Dreams... the information is just starting to float around in my head...lol...). So just a little about what I'm looking for:

*I'm a female in my early 30's and will be traveling with my mom most likely (We're no prudes- we have been to Hedonism after all :-)

Most Important Things are:

1. All-INCLUSIVE (A MUST)

2. ADULT-Only (Preferred) that doesn't feel crowded- a kind of relaxed, free-flowing or laid back vibe during the day, but somewhere that has evening shows or entertainment at the resort

3. GOOD FOOD and Selection (Particularly Seafood, Omelettes Made to Order, Perhaps a Lobster night on the beach, etc)- 24 hr. room service would be nice, but not necessary

4. Great Accomadations (Clean, Updated Rooms with television)

5. Great BEACH (I would love to SNORKEL, but I have been told that generally a "great beach" and snorkeling are mutually exclusive because when people say "great beach," they usually mean a nice, accessible, swimmable beach with sand and no rocks. And apparently snorkeling spots are usually rocky areas. So if I have to choose, I would prefer a nice swimmable beach with nice sand and little rocks. Perhaps I can find a resort with snorkeling somewhere nearby).

6. Day Activities such and Volleyball, Jet-Skiing, etc...

7 Not too far of a distance from whatever airport flown into (perhaps 45 min. or less)

8. Great Service/Staff Reputation

9. Affordable (Cost is a consideration- plan to go through CheapCarribean)

If anyone has visited an All-Inclusive that you can recommend that you believe I would enjoy from what I stated above, please let me know your thoughts... I'd like to be able to narrow it down to a few in the next week or so... I know I've asked alot. But I've tried to be as specific as possible as I know there are some very well-traveled folks on here :-) Thanks to everyone.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Temptation Cancun Resort
Temptation Cancun Resort
407 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Delaware
Level Contributor
810 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: *Need Help Narrowing Down Adult AI's in Mexico/Caribbean*

I've visited many of the adult only properties in the Riviera Maya area.. One of my favorite properties, because of the beach and grounds and price would be the Valentin Imperial Maya. They have an expansive beach- the right side is rocky, the left is perfect for swimming- many enjoy snorkeling here. Nightlife is fun- great plaza with a band/DJ, lots of dining options, hacienda style property, with huge pools. Rooms are all nice, but their Golden and Emerald suites are beautiful.

I think it checks all your boxes- service won't be 5 star like a Secrets Maroma, but if you don't mind getting your own drinks, overall it's not to bad. And, close enough to the Airport, 25-30 min ride, with a private transfer.

Mentioned in this post
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
Valentin Imperial...
12,747 Reviews
Playa del Secreto, Mexico
Maya Tulum Resort
Maya Tulum Resort
407 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Maryland
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: *Need Help Narrowing Down Adult AI's in Mexico/Caribbean*

Thanks a bunch @cruisinkim. A number of people have mentioned Valentin Imperial Maya as a good option for what I'm looking for. I've checked it out and its definitely on my list. It does seem to meet all of my wants/needs and seems like a great value for all that it offers without really sacrificing quality. Seems like a beautiful resort... I'm surprised that you say it offers both a swimmable sandy beach as well as a rocky side that's decent for snorkeling... I was told by another traveler that you pretty much have to choose (either you want sandy and swimmable or you want to snorkel- because the two were almost mutually exclusive)... so its nice to hear that this resort may be able to accommodate both. Thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
Valentin Imperial...
12,747 Reviews
Playa del Secreto, Mexico
Maya Tulum Resort
Maya Tulum Resort
407 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Delaware
Level Contributor
810 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: *Need Help Narrowing Down Adult AI's in Mexico/Caribbean*

It's a wonderful beach. I'm not a huge swimming in the ocean fan, and I was out to my neck in the water- as you can see your feet. Just swimming we saw tons of fish, turtles and even a barracuda!

Have a great trip no matter where you end up!

Maryland
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: *Need Help Narrowing Down Adult AI's in Mexico/Caribbean*

Thanks Kim!

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
432 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: *Need Help Narrowing Down Adult AI's in Mexico/Caribbean*

Most of the adult only are couples you should consider Dreams Puerto Aventuras as a option. We are also big fans of Secrets and love Secrets Capri but for the money Dreams Puerto Aventuras is so much better. Food is much better the service is the same, they have a adult only side, and a beach section you can get away form the kids. I would not go over spring break or any of the holidays as there may be to many kids. The big bonus is the small down town area of Puerto Aventuras, it is gated very safe and lots to walk around and do, shops, bars places to eat a very large marina with Dolphins, Manatees, Sea Lions. You can watch the trainers working with them all for Free. This is just a 5 minute walk from the resort

Edited: 07 May 2013, 15:40
Mentioned in this post
Puerto Aventuras
Puerto Aventuras
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Maryland
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: *Need Help Narrowing Down Adult AI's in Mexico/Caribbean*

Thanks for the recommendation ED T. Dreams Puerto Adventuras definitely looks like a good value and enjoyable. However, I think I would really rather a more adults-oriented atmosphere and something a little more lively.

7. Re: *Need Help Narrowing Down Adult AI's in Mexico/Caribbean*

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 07:17