We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SMB- heated swimouts- DEFINITIVE answer :)

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
SMB- heated swimouts- DEFINITIVE answer :)

Swimups CAN be heated. the concierge FINALLY confirmed this fact. They are guaranteed to be 82 degrees year round. If NOT- you can have them turn the heat up to 82 :) I bugged the concierge on FB for an answer. At first he said NO, they cannot be heated, then he finally admitted they are heated to 82.

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SMB- heated swimouts- DEFINITIVE answer :)

Way to go asmit4! Your persistence paid off for all of us. The resort is high end and should accommodate folks. Never had a problem with anything we wanted when we were there - and no sharing of palappas then. I don't understand the palappa thing. No other resorts I've been to make you share palappas including the sister resorts Capri or SSS.

Edited: 21 May 2013, 14:48
Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SMB- heated swimouts- DEFINITIVE answer :)

If enough people complain about the palapa issue- they will make more. A place like SMB cannot afford any bad press. yes, it's ranked highly but I've seen resorts in the top 10 move down quickly based on TAer issues.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
3,175 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SMB- heated swimouts- DEFINITIVE answer :)

Why do you think there was so much resistance to admitting they can be heated. Seems like it would be a huge selling point to advertise this during winter months. Seems sketchy.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SMB- heated swimouts- DEFINITIVE answer :)

$$$$.....if they admit they can be heated, then people will want them heated and that costs a TON of $$. Basically they don't want people to know this so they won't ask for the heat to be turned up.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
3,175 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SMB- heated swimouts- DEFINITIVE answer :)

Ah...makes sense now. But that makes me wonder where else they are trying to cut costs...food, air conditioning, drinks etc.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SMB- heated swimouts- DEFINITIVE answer :)

EXACTLY. I'd not be happy if I paid full price given what I've seen and heard lately.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SMB- heated swimouts- DEFINITIVE answer :)

I'm still appalled at the elec. going off during the night. My husband uses a CPAP machine, and I wouldn't want to have to rely on a set of directions to avoid this every night.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SMB- heated swimouts- DEFINITIVE answer :)

I'm not sold that it's the electricity. I've been told it's the AC. Can anyone confirm or deny it's the electricity?

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,135 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: SMB- heated swimouts- DEFINITIVE answer :)

Mo32, The directions should work easily enough.

And, especially with the medical consideration, I am sure that your concierge would take care of it.

Seems only a small percentage of guests report this issue.

I think that many of the maid and concierge staff must have the systems on ByPass anyhow.

They do seem to say that it does involve the electricity... clocks needing re-set. Nightlights off. Etc.

Edited: 22 May 2013, 00:25
10. Re: SMB- heated swimouts- DEFINITIVE answer :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 06:17