We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valentin Imperial Maya - king bed request

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
28 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Valentin Imperial Maya - king bed request

I am leaning towards the VIM for an anniversary trip next spring, and my wife and I are fine with the lowest room category (Deluxe Jr Suite). However, we most definitely do not want to get stuck with 2 double beds. What is the best way to get a king bed or is it just luck upon arrival. Coming from our departure city in California, we wont get to check in until 3:30 in the afternoon - will all the king beds be taken by then? Any input on how to approach this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks,

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,636 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya - king bed request

'FRIEND' VIM on FaceBook- get the concierge e-mail (also on FB) and e-mail them in advance. (about 4 days in advance)

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya - king bed request

You can do all of that, but still, its just a request and may or may not grant your request. If it will ruin your vacation I would be prepared to ask for (and pay for) an upgrade to the next level room that will guarantee you a king bed if in fact when you get there your room has 2 doubles. But that will depend on availability and may be a hassle.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,666 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya - king bed request

What are your dates of travel? That will dictate how busy the resort will be. We really only want King beds on our adult only travels as well, so we request a "King Bed" but not an "Upgrade" - seems to work for us. Good Luck.

4. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya - king bed request

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 05:16