We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does the VIM compare Valentin Imperial Maya

bigeherr
Level Contributor
56 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
How does the VIM compare Valentin Imperial Maya

My wife and I just booked the VIM for late July. We love a great beach, great service, and great food. We have stayed at other AI's, so how would you compare / rate the VIM compared to the other resorts we have stayed in. Here are the other resorts in order of preference.

Royal Hideaway Playacar

Excellence Punta Cana

Royal PDC

Majestic Colonial Punta Cana

Now Jade

Dreams Palm Beach

Oceans Turquesa

Grand Sirenis

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How does the VIM compare Valentin Imperial Maya

I will rate/compare the ones we have stayed at:

VIM and EPC - Tie

VIM and Masjestic Colonial = VIM by a little

VIM and Now Jade - VIM by a ton

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,600 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How does the VIM compare Valentin Imperial Maya

Royal Hideaway - not a fair comparison as the RH is significantly more expensive than the VIM. I would expect the RH to trump the VIM on all fronts. (That's not to say the VIM isn't lovely just that the RH is in a different league.)

Excellence Punta Cana - I don't know anything about DR resorts but the Excellence chain is generally considered to be a small step up from the VIM.

Royal PDC - if you want to be in town, this is THE place to stay. From what I know of the RPDC, I'd say it's comparable to the VIM, maybe a teensy step up but the real reason to stay there is the location.

NOW Jade - haven't stayed there but have stayed at the NOW Sapphire, the sister resort. NOW resorts are, IMHO, a significant step down from the VIM.... plus, they're not adult only.

Grand Sirenis - I've stayed here and it's light years below the VIM. They shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,609 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How does the VIM compare Valentin Imperial Maya

We thought VIM was a step up from RPDC- reason being that RPDC just always felt cramped. It was like a cruise ship where there isn't ever enough space. We loved the location of RPDC but the crowds at the pool and beach was a turn off for us. I think this more of a reflection of us not liking huge crowds though. Fighting for a seat at the pool is not my scene. VIM always had seats available even in the shade. RPDC was lacking shade almost entirely.

If room service is something you like- RPDC room service was better than VIM. VIM didn't offer a full breakfast with things like pancakes and waffles. RPDC does.

4. Re: How does the VIM compare Valentin Imperial Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2014, 06:18