We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for kids - ages 6 and 11

MN
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Topic
Hotel for kids - ages 6 and 11

I think we have decided on the Riviera Maya for a family of 4. We two kids – ages 6 and 11. Looking for a great place to stay at for them. May or may not utilize a kids club as we hate to leave them there but if it’s a good time for them and they want to then we will. I am just trying to figure out that one ideal resort where they will not get too bored. I would prefer a water slide/park type place as that may be a little more exciting than just a pool but not necessary. Just looking for a place with activity. Price – mid range. I would also love a place that has a Hibachi restaurant (fun place) but not necessary either. Any recommendations would be great. Usually travel with couples so that makes it a bit easier.

Thanks!

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,548 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for kids - ages 6 and 11

The first 2 that popped in my head after reading your post were:

The Barcelo Maya complex of resorts and the Iberostar Paraiso complex of resorts.

Both are geared toward families and have hibachi grill restaurants.

Barcelo is in Puerto Aventuras which is south of Playa del Carmen. There are 5 resorts within the complex (Palace, Tropical, Colonial, Caribe, Beach) and all are at different price points depending on your budget. There is on site snorkeling which most resorts do not have. Also, there is a kids club and kids water park area at these resorts.

The Iberostar Paraiso complex is a little south of Puerto Morelos, about 25 min south of the airport and has 4 family resorts to choose from (Maya, Lindo, Beach, Del Mar). I would book either the Maya or Lindo. They have a little water park as well, kids club but also have a lazy river to float around, and a wave pool.

STL
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for kids - ages 6 and 11

Hi my family just returned from Ocean Coral and Turquesa . Two kids..ages 5 and 10.They loved the Daisy Club. Great place for kids and adults too!! There were 8 of us ..3 generations of family.Good time was had by all.

3. Re: Hotel for kids - ages 6 and 11

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2014, 06:20