We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riviera maya romantic places / restaurants to pop the q

Glasgow, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Riviera maya romantic places / restaurants to pop the q

Hi,

New to this but was my girlfriend and I are off to riviera maya on 23rd August and I was looking for any advice / past experiences of romantic places/restaurants etc are, got a kinda special question to ask her!! :)

Ive read on here before about hiring a gazebo on the beach for dinner in the evening and thought that sounded particularly nice but any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

ps, shes pregnant as well so that rules out jumping out a plane and the likes....phew! :)

Neither of us have ever been to this part of the world before so any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks kindly

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,548 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riviera maya romantic places / restaurants to pop the q

This may not help you out any, but if it were me, I would love to be proposed to on the beach at sunset just the 2 of us. Sure there may be people walking past but I think that would be lovely.

Glasgow, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Riviera maya romantic places / restaurants to pop the q

Hey,

That does help actually, good to get a different perspective on it. The beach sunset idea sounds lovely, thanks very much for replying, appreciated

WV
Level Contributor
3,536 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riviera maya romantic places / restaurants to pop the q

Since the sun sets over land, maybe consider a sunrise "let's start a life together" kind of early morning stroll along the shore?might even talk another riser watcher into capturing the moment on your Smartphone.

Choctaw, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Riviera maya romantic places / restaurants to pop the q

Muscled-Great, great idea!! Lots do the typical sunset, which also would be awesome, but the sunrise I don't think most women would expect that in the slightest. It would be a fantastic start of the day, and she will be glowing all day long!! Makes for more special looks at each other knowing today was the proposal!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riviera maya romantic places / restaurants to pop the q

I think any moment will be special. Pick a time when you both are relaxed and having a fabulous time. Even if it's just laying on the beach! I like the "walk along the beach" idea, regardless of time of day.

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Riviera maya romantic places / restaurants to pop the q

Coco Bongo's :-)

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riviera maya romantic places / restaurants to pop the q

You could nip down a little earlier and write will you marry me in the sand I would find that very romantic also take bottle champagne and two glasses. Or ask the turndown service if you have one to spell it out on your bed in rose petals and have a bottle of champagne and some chocolates and strawberries delivered to your room and a bubble bath waiting.

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riviera maya romantic places / restaurants to pop the q

Whoops just read she is pregnant so alcohol free champagne.

9. Re: Riviera maya romantic places / restaurants to pop the q

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2014, 06:20