We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VIM-Don Miguel Sushi

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Topic
VIM-Don Miguel Sushi

I read a post that VIM stops serving sushi @ Don Miguels during the summer. Do they start it back up in September? I was hoping since we will be there at the 9/24-10/1. I know I can get it at the Japanese rest. but it wasnt the same if I remember correctly....any input is appreciated.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VIM-Don Miguel Sushi

Great question. I was also very worried last year when I heard they stopped it, but we go in November and they had re-started it by then. Good Luck to you.

WV
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VIM-Don Miguel Sushi

I think last year it was mid to late October that they started serving sushi at DM after the summer hiatus.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: VIM-Don Miguel Sushi

Thats kinda what I thought...thanks for the help. Maybe Ill get lucky and they will have it.

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VIM-Don Miguel Sushi

OMG!! No sushi in the summer??? Why not???? My husband would go through withdrawal!

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: VIM-Don Miguel Sushi

No Idea why they dont do that in the summer! I eat more sushi in the summer. It is one of my favorite things to eat there....COME ON VIM, KEEP IT ALL 12 MONTHS!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
77 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VIM-Don Miguel Sushi

I heard you can still go to ginger and get it. You don't have to eat dinner there, you can just go to ginger for sushi and then go wherever for actual dinner. I hope this is the case! We leave in ten days!

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,025 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VIM-Don Miguel Sushi

Coco is absolutely right. Sushi is offered year round (they have a special section for it) in Ginger. Ginger has three sections. The sushi bar, the main restaurant and the teppenyaki tables. You might want to try all three.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VIM-Don Miguel Sushi

Good advice. When we were at VIM last November, sushi was offered in DM every night and we took advantage of that. However, one night we ate dinner at Ginger and our table was relatively close to the sushi bar. They were having tons of fun over there.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: VIM-Don Miguel Sushi

Great advice...I will check it all out! How is the sushi at Ginger compared to DM? Same quality?

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: VIM-Don Miguel Sushi

It would be my guess that is the exact same; however, I will tell you that we literally went to DM every night prior to dinner for a couple drinks and a couple orders of sushi. We were traveling with friends so it was a great meeting point without waiting for each other to walk to dinner. We all just went back to our room, got ready and headed to DM - sometimes they were there first, sometimes we were....no rushing or worries on either end.