We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adult only resort questions

Page, Arizona
Level Contributor
592 posts
Save Topic
Adult only resort questions

Which Adult only resorts have an outdoor bar that is open in the evening? I don't like traveling to the beautiful beaches of Mexico without being able to enjoy them in the evenings as well.

Thanks!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Adult only resort questions

Secrets Silversands does. Great outdoor bar, often with live music, open until 1am.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adult only resort questions

Agree with the above poster - SSS may have the best beach bar around.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adult only resort questions

All of the El Dorado Resorts do (El Dorado Seaside Suites, El Dorado Royale, El Dorado Royale Casitas and the El Dorado Maroma).

Wilkes-barre...
Level Contributor
253 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adult only resort questions

I have to agree with Beachnickk & JeffB32, although there may be others out there that I'm not aware of... The Veranda Bar at Secrets Silversands has to be one of the most thought out bars I've ever been to... It's perfect for meeting new and existing fellow guests! I cant count the number of people we've met and continued friendships through the years that remain to this day... Excellent location!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adult only resort questions

EPM has a really nice courtyard bar area with music etc. in the evenings. It isn't on the beach, but there is a lounge area on the beach you can wander down to and stargaze from.

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,840 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adult only resort questions

We really enjoyed the intimate outdoor bar at El Dorado Maroma.

Edited: 30 August 2013, 10:54
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,283 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adult only resort questions

Hi

I agree about the Veranda Bar at SSS - sits up above the beach with great views

Please note the the most popular bar in the evenings at EDM although very nice is not on the beach itself and there is no beach view from it

Both ERC & EPM have what is called an X Lounge that is on the beach but it is serviced from another bar and the service can be hit and miss

Edited: 30 August 2013, 12:04
Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adult only resort questions

FFM, very true about the EDM, but the OP only asked about outdoor bars and did not specify that it had to be on the beach. :-)

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,283 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Adult only resort questions

I was going on the basis of them saying

"I don't like traveling to the beautiful beaches of Mexico without being able to enjoy them in the evenings as well"

I could be wrong

Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,750 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Adult only resort questions

I'm going to the VIM next and trying that out, but I think SSS will be one of the next trips after that! Hearing lots of good things about it.