We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Maya Or Sandos Playacar

Ontario
14 posts
Save Topic
Ocean Maya Or Sandos Playacar

Hey guys so i think i have narrowed down two hotels based on being close to Playa Del Carmen and for our price range. We are both 27.

It is between Ocean Maya Royale or Sandos Playacar.

The ocean maya is $350 cheaper for the week......or is the Sandos worth that money to stay there?

Any comments, suggestions?

Thanks.

Ontario
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Maya Or Sandos Playacar

Anyone :)?

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Maya Or Sandos Playacar

Ocean Maya Royale is adults only. Sandos is a family resort. OMR is much further away from the town of Playa del Carmen than Sandos; you could actually walk into the town from Sandos if you wanted to - prolly take a good 30 mins - or about $8 by taxi. It costs about $20 by taxi into Playa from OMR; there is the option of walking to the front entrance on the main road (about 1 1/2 miles) and then talking a local mini-van (Colectivo) ($2 pp) into Playa.

I've stayed at both - tho it's been a number of years since Sandos - OMR this year. Much preferred OMR for everything, except the beach isn't as nice as Sandos, which is in the gated community of Playacar, with one of the best beaches on the Riviera Maya. Adults only is a big plus!...for me anyway:):)

Depends what your priorities are - if you intend spending a lot of time in Playa, then it'll cost you for transport from and to OMR. HTH....Mags

Ontario
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Maya Or Sandos Playacar

Okay thanks for your reply! So strictly just based on the actual resort you would not pay an extra $350 just stay at the Sandos instead of OMR? They both look pretty similar review wise.

Thanks!

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Maya Or Sandos Playacar

I def. wouldn't:) I think that OMR is one of the best values on the Riviera Maya.

5. Re: Ocean Maya Or Sandos Playacar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 05:20