We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

***Tours during rain......?***

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
303 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
***Tours during rain......?***

Hi, was wondering what happens when you have a tour/excursion planned and it's raining. does it get canceled/re-scheduled? or does it go as planned?

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,234 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ***Tours during rain......?***

It could be raining in Cancun and sunny in Playa

Unless its a major storm, likely it will go ahead

That's why I do most of the tours myself via taxi, bus, colectivo, car rental - then I choose

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
303 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ***Tours during rain......?***

I've heard this mentioned many times and this might be a silly question but what is a colectivo? is it like a taxi?

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,242 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ***Tours during rain......?***

Here is a link to info about Colectivos: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g150812-s303/Playa-De…

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ***Tours during rain......?***

Colectivo: a white van originally and/or intended for employees for transport up and down the few highways (some byways). Stops frequently for on/off destinations, which can be almost anywhere. Rates are very cheap to accommodate the typical employee earnings rate. You wave them down like a taxi in New York. You pay in pesos. You get a seat.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
303 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ***Tours during rain......?***

Goof info guys! thanks!

now that i know what it is, i actually did take one from PDC back to Cancun...didn't know what they were called back then.. : )

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ***Tours during rain......?***

Back to the rain. I still go swimming or snorkeling (rain-not storms/lightening). I would tour whatever I had planned, take an umbrella if you must. I would especially do "underground" cenotes tours. I'd walk around whatever local town or city I'm near and check out stores, galleries, markets with overhead covering. I'd sit in an open air but covered restaurant or lounge and try a dish completely different than ever before. I'd walk around the malls, Mega's, Walmarts, etc. and check out the similarities and differences. An olive bar in Spain vs. a chili bar in Mexico! Fishing in a covered panga. If I stayed in a resort, I'd get in the hot tub.

Edited: 05 October 2013, 01:32
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ***Tours during rain......?***

More: I might check into a cooking school, if at a resort or hotel maybe see if anyone else is interested in games: maybea euchre, poker. At the absolute bottom of my list would be sitting in my room but even then I'd catch TV and be entertained by the difference and maybe pick up a little Espanol the easy way (sub titles).

8. Re: ***Tours during rain......?***

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 06:20