We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VIM question

Bristol
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
VIM question

Hey all

New poster here but been reading all your advice about the area, which has been very informative.

Apologies if this has been covered but I can't remember reading it, although I've read a lot so may have lol

Me and hubby to be have booked our honeymoon to the VIM for next May and was wondering is there is shade on the beach? Or is there only shade with those beds that are reserved with guest names on? I know some people have said you can use the beds without names but just want to know if there is any shaded areas for the "lower class" people lol

Thanks in advance!

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
854 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VIM question

Lisa, head over to the Playa del Secreto forum for the best response to questions about VIM.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g3198845-i27741-Pl…

Once you get there, check the "Top Questions" (on the upper right if you're on a computer browser and not a mobile device) and you can see links to maps. There are plenty of palapas on the beach that are not dedicated for Privilege guests.

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VIM question

Hi and congrats on the upcoming wedding. When we were there, there were palapas on the beach further down from the bar but the perk in that was they were in front of the nicest swimming portion of the beach.

May is toward the start of the low season so I would wait on upgrading to a preferred package. You may not need it. If there are no names on the reserved areas then they have no guests that have reserved them. You are free to use them until you see a name on it.

They offered us an upgrade at check-in for a Diamond Suite for 750.00 - came with a preferred package - gorgeous terrace, jacuzzi. Loved it. However, VIM is a great resort and all of the rooms are very nice. You'll have a great time.

3. Re: VIM question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 05:18