We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

****List the Best resort you have visited*****

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
307 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
****List the Best resort you have visited*****

and why..

Let's see what top choices people list!

STL
Level Contributor
314 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ****List the Best resort you have visited*****

Very subjective...but mine would the the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in MoBay...great service, food, drinks & smaller in size...

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
307 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ****List the Best resort you have visited*****

nice, but this is the Riviera Maya Forum, Please list a hotel in the RM : )

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,462 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ****List the Best resort you have visited*****

Royal Hideaway

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ****List the Best resort you have visited*****

Secrets Maroma Beach: went just after they worked out the grand opening kinks, it was pretty cheap (when I booked it was ranked around 20 and number 1 by the time we arrived), best service we have ever received (they literally took my glass when I had a last sip and replaced it with a fresh/full one every time - it was amazing), great food, great rooms, top shelf alcohol, and unbelievable beach and ocean.

Probably the thing that I believe separates SMB from the rest is the roughly 15 chefs that push carts around the pool areas during lunch time with all different varieties of fresh food (sushi, ice cream, freshly carved chicken and pork tacos, chicken satay, mini-burgers, fruit, etc.).

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ****List the Best resort you have visited*****

You said the best resort, not best in RM, so my best resort was our very first trip to Mexico, right outside of Cabo San Lucas. It was so long ago I can't remember the name of the place. It was not all inclusive and it was literally built on a hillside with rooms going down alongside stairs, pool at the bottom and then the beach. No room service, no entertainment, one bar, one restaurant, but we had so much fun.

Now I research everything to death and still can't come up with a resort that makes me feel the way I felt coming home after that vacation.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,068 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ****List the Best resort you have visited*****

Grand Velas, hands down.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ****List the Best resort you have visited*****

Desire Pearl ;)

Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ****List the Best resort you have visited*****

"Best" as in quality of everything would have to be El Dorado Royale (casitas) but that was not our best trip, or our most fun.

I've liked all our resorts except ... well, maybe two. And even those two -- hey, its vacation! I'd rather be at either one of them right now, than here!

I'm going to VIM next, and I think that will be a great combination of "nice" and "fun" -- or at least, I hope so!

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,548 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ****List the Best resort you have visited*****

El Dorado Maroma.

We are returning for visit #8 next week (YIPPIE!). We love how small the resort is (100 rooms), how wonderful the staff is, how beautiful the beach is, how great the food and drinks are. We are so excited to be returning to our home away from home shortly!

10. Re: ****List the Best resort you have visited*****

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2014, 05:19