We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort Recommendation Beachfront Adults Quiet

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
99 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Resort Recommendation Beachfront Adults Quiet

Looking for a quiet, mostly or all adult, resort or hotel anywhere from Cancun to Tulum. We like quiet, small hotels/resorts. No loud poolside games, etc. Don't want to fight for a chair on the beach with hundreds of loungers lined up. A beautiful, clear water, uncrowded beach is VERY important. Snorkeling is a plus. We are major foodies, and food quality is important to us. More than quantity. I am not set on an AI, if someone has a suggestion. I do like a restaurant and maybe included breakfast onsite. We aren't scared about renting a car, driving as far as Tulum, and eating out. (We loved The Beach Tulum, but the rates have gotten too high for not including much). Privacy is important to us. We like to enjoy a nice room with outdoor space and a view (terrace/balcony). Any help is appreciated!

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort Recommendation Beachfront Adults Quiet

Petite Lafitte - rustic

Royal Hideaway Playacar - in Playa del Carmen, AI

El Dorado Maroma, small, intimate AI

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,937 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort Recommendation Beachfront Adults Quiet

I don't know the first one that Sassy recommended, but the second two were going to be my same suggestions. I've stayed at and can highly recommend both.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort Recommendation Beachfront Adults Quiet

Maroma resort or Esencia sound like they would fit. Both are non AI.

WV
Level Contributor
3,549 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort Recommendation Beachfront Adults Quiet

Secrets Maroma Beach, VIM?

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort Recommendation Beachfront Adults Quiet

Le Blanc Spa Resort, Hotel zone, AO AI

Royal Hideaway Playacar - in Playa del Carmen, AO AI

El Dorado Maroma, small, intimate AO AI

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
99 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort Recommendation Beachfront Adults Quiet

Thank you for all your suggestions! I was looking at Secrets Maroma, but wasn't sure how crowded it felt. I also loved the laid back atmosphere of Tulum, and am unsure about switching to a huge, formal resort.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,479 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resort Recommendation Beachfront Adults Quiet

Arauth, we are also fans of the El Dorado Maroma (returning for visit #8 next week). We would never book the SMB because it is just too large for us...

We used to make the walk up the beach from the EDM to the SMB each day and were always VERY glad to get back to 'our' non-crowded and quiet beach and resort. The SMB always seemed to be very busy (and we typically traveled in the Aug/Sept time frame) and crowded on the beach.

If you have any detailed questions on the EDM, please let me know. Good luck with your decision!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resort Recommendation Beachfront Adults Quiet

<We used to make the walk up the beach from the EDM to the SMB each day and were always VERY glad to get back to 'our' non-crowded and quiet beach and resort. The SMB always seemed to be very busy (and we typically traveled in the Aug/Sept time frame) and crowded on the beach.>

We do the same 2x a day when staying at EDM and are so happy to return to our much more intimate and uncrowded beach and resort and not be staying at SMB.

9. Re: Resort Recommendation Beachfront Adults Quiet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2014, 06:19