We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a trip for a couple...of couples! (Cancun/RivM)

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a trip for a couple...of couples! (Cancun/RivM)

Hi Everyone! I figured I'd go to the experts for this one.

I am looking to start planning a trip next spring to Cancun/Riviera Maya – My boyfriend and I, as well as my friend and her husband (4 total). I'm looking for an all inclusive resort that would be perfect without breaking the bank.

Last spring, I went to Excellence Riviera Cancun, which was by far my favorite resort I've been to. However, the price is a bit more than I'm looking to spend.

I'm looking for an all inclusive that is not an hour away from the airport

I like a lot of dinner options

Multiple bars are a plus

We aren't a wild bunch but at least want to enjoy the pool bar, some cocktails at night and a nice dinner!

Any suggestions? It was almost 1400 per person when I went to the Excellence (worth it) but this trip we're looking for 1,000-1200 max. pp.

I know I won't get as luxurious as the Excellence but my only other experience was the Bahia Principe and I don't want to do a repeat (although it was fun! )

Thoughts, suggestions would be welcome!

Victoria

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a trip for a couple...of couples! (Cancun/RivM)

I would suggest the Valentin Imperial Maya. Beautiful rooms, good food and drink - lots to do. It is all adult and you do pay extra for that type of resort. If you are open to non-all adult then some good choices would be the Palladium or Iberostar complexes. Barcelo is also nice. You may also want to consider the Catalonia Royal Tulum. Budget wise it would be friendly but I hear it is pretty quiet.

Edited: 25 October 2013, 19:55
Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a trip for a couple...of couples! (Cancun/RivM)

First question - are you a zeta? ZTA? I am! (just saw your username)

Thanks for the tips! I will definitely check those out! Do you have a rough price range for the Valentin for 7 days? I'm in Baltimore.

I am going to check these all out thank you!

Texas
Level Contributor
3,714 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a trip for a couple...of couples! (Cancun/RivM)

How many nights and what time of year are you looking? Does your max budget include rt airfare?

I also suggest VIM but that would depend on how long you want to stay. We've been there 3 times and it's a great resort for usually a good value but the prices have been a little higher here lately it seems. I know our friends that we've been there with twice never spend more than $1000pp but they also only go 4 nights at a time.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a trip for a couple...of couples! (Cancun/RivM)

I'd like to go for a week. We're shooting for Mid-June.

I've never been in June, but have traveled in May and July (too hot) - Excellence was about 1380 a person for a whole week

Yes, including RT Air. - Any ideas are appreciated!

5. Re: Looking for a trip for a couple...of couples! (Cancun/RivM)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2014, 05:22