We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calling on all Riveria Maya Expert Reviewers...H-E-L-P!

Norwood, MA
Level Contributor
96 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Calling on all Riveria Maya Expert Reviewers...H-E-L-P!

I DON'T WANT TO CHOOSE THE WRONG RESORT!!! Help, I need to book a family trip for next month (Dec)...if you had to choose...can you pick one for overall favorite...these are at about the same price point. (We are all adults (11) with one baby) Iberostar Maya, Barcelo Palace, Palladium or Gran Bahia Akumal...please help me ...I would like your opinion for the "nicest" overall resort.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,047 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Calling on all Riveria Maya Expert Reviewers...H-E-L-P!

We get so many similar requests with no budget, no top 5 requirements

I could tell you a resort but you may want 5 star dining, no reservations, big pools, long sandy walking beach

Sigh

A guess - but using my criteria - Palladium

Spruce Grove, Canada
Level Contributor
327 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Calling on all Riveria Maya Expert Reviewers...H-E-L-P!

For overall quality I can say that the Bahia and Palladium do not compare to the Barcelo Palace. I did think the service there was good, but not great. Food, alcohol rooms - the Palace for sure. I think the Palace and IB Maya are comparable, but haven't been to the Iberostar resorts.

The Palace also has a great waterpark for kids, but maybe a little big for a baby. It did have a very lively atmostphere as well.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calling on all Riveria Maya Expert Reviewers...H-E-L-P!

I would choose Barcelo over the Iberostar for quality of beach, swimming conditions, rooms and dining. Never been to Palladium or Gran Bahia.

Donnellson, Iowa
Level Contributor
998 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calling on all Riveria Maya Expert Reviewers...H-E-L-P!

Ditto to what caviargirl said.

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Calling on all Riveria Maya Expert Reviewers...H-E-L-P!

I've been to the Palladium - Kantenah section and loved it. Unlimited alacarts, updated rooms in the Kantenah side. Loads of information on the Palladium Addict website. Nice beach, saltwater pool and good food. I've not been to the Barceló but it came highly recommended by my TA.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,047 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Calling on all Riveria Maya Expert Reviewers...H-E-L-P!

Barceló / Bahia now has a small concrete dolphin pool

A must do for animal lovers

Note: The OP never replied so unsure why Shaffer dug up this post

Norwood, MA
Level Contributor
96 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Calling on all Riveria Maya Expert Reviewers...H-E-L-P!

Thank you all for the help in deciding! We ended up booking the Iberostar Paraiso Maya for December. It was the one I kept coming back to since it offers a little something for everyone going...Palapyas on the beach, kiddie water park, lazy river, wave pool, nicer/larger rooms at 624sf, unlimited al la cartes. Plus, Iv'e stayed at many Iberostar resorts in the past and have been happy with them. It was a bit pricier, but one day it hit my price point, so I pulled the trigger and booked. Time with family...priceless!

8. Re: Calling on all Riveria Maya Expert Reviewers...H-E-L-P!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2014, 05:17