We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there Black Friday sales for online travel agencies?

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
174 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Are there Black Friday sales for online travel agencies?

I'm helping my cousin plan her honeymoon and thought maybe Orbitz, etc. would have Black Friday sales. If they do have them are they any better than normal sales? Just trying to decide if we should hurry and pick out a few top choice resorts in case....thanks!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,207 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there Black Friday sales for online travel agencies?

yes - Im already getting emails… everyone and their mother is having some sort of Black Friday deal

suitcaseready.com

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,501 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there Black Friday sales for online travel agencies?

I got an email with cheap Caribbean yesterday. The sale has already started. It did limit you on travel dates though.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there Black Friday sales for online travel agencies?

I've seen teasers from several companies (Funjet is the one I remember seeing most recently) and I have also received e-mails from specific chains- Occidental, Iberostar, and at least one or two others. If there are places she is particularly interested in I would suggest signing up to get the e-mail alerts and also do some research regarding pricing for the time period she would be going so she can be sure it really is a "sale". Also, if the specials they offer involve resort credit or coupons, be sure to read the fine print. I've stayed a couple places where we received those types of offers but they ended up being fairly useless.

Hope you (she) finds a wonderful deal for her honeymoon!

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
174 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there Black Friday sales for online travel agencies?

Good idea to sign up for email alerts. I got the Occidental which is what made me think of it. She hadn't really started planning but when I got to thinking about Black Friday thought maybe she should get her rear in gear and do some pricing now to compare to the supposed sale prices this weekend. And I found her a great flight out of Dayton today for $389! Awesome times too, usually more expensive since its a tiny airport. I love scoring a good travel deal :)

5. Re: Are there Black Friday sales for online travel agencies?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 05:17