We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Mexico - trying to decide the place

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Mexico - trying to decide the place

Hi All,

This will be our first time to Mexico and will be travelling with my wife and 20 month old. We've narrowed down to Puerto Morelos on the Riviera Maya side and Puerto Vallarta on the west coast. Got some good deals in all inclusive at both the places. We are unable to decide which one to go go for.

Puerto Morelos - Azul by the beach hotel

Puerto Vallarta - Garza blanca hotel

We are just looking for a relaxing vacation - spend most of the time at beach and may be venture out for a day or two for couple hours for sightseeing and get a feel of Mexico. Not looking for anything adventurous. We are planning a 6 day trip.

Can you please provide your insights and suggestions as which one might work well.

Thanks a lot!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,531 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Mexico - trying to decide the place

You're comparing apples to oranges, IMHO.

Puerto Vallarta has the mountains and is (arguably) more scenic away from the beach but for the white (well, very pale coloured) sand and Windex blue ocean, you can't beat the Caribbean side of Mexico.

My personal preference is for the Riviera Maya but PV definitely has its charm.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,895 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Mexico - trying to decide the place

Since it sounds as though you won't be heading out and about very much, I'd choose the resort that looks to be the best fit for your family.

We spent the month of October in Puerto Vallarta. I love the place, but, we stayed right in town. We traveled fairly often by bus past Garza Blanca. It appears to be located on both sides of the highway. I'd want to make sure I was on the ocean side, especially since you'll be with a toddler.

3. Re: First time to Mexico - trying to decide the place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2015, 05:18