We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many in a cab?

Maryland
Level Contributor
436 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
How many in a cab?

I am going to arrange a private transfer from the airport to the VIM, but was thinking of taking a cab for the return trip. But there are 4 of us, and luggage, at about 7am. Will we fit in one cab? Can we request a larger one? If we need to take 2, it would probably be better just to do round trip private transfer. It's just that somwtimes I get a little nervous about them showing up!!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,552 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How many in a cab?

Will we fit in one cab

Nope

Stick with the Private transfer (Round trip gives you a discount over 2 separate one way)

Nervous - just use a well trusted company

Edited: 11 January 2014, 22:14
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many in a cab?

I should just copy, paste and save this for future posts because I type it so often, lol.

We have used USA Transfers for years now without a problem. They are usually early for return pick ups. They guarantee their transfers. If they are not there within a certain amount of time you are to take a taxi and they will reimburse you. Never had to do that, but I have confidence that if it did happen, they would honor their contract.

There are also several other well recommended companies, look at the top questions on the right here or search the forums. There are posts here every day on the same subject.

Iowa
Level Contributor
3,341 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many in a cab?

4 of us just took a private taxi from SMB back to the airport last Sunday. I talked to the bellhop the night before to tell him I would need one for my 630 am pick up. It is definitely doable though we had a small cab and 2 of us are over 6' 2" it worked. I'm the same way as i hate worrying and waiting on transportation back to the airport so i always cab it. I will say we used cancun valet to transfer 26 of us between resorts and they did a great job.

Maryland
Level Contributor
436 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many in a cab?

Thanks all!

5. Re: How many in a cab?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 06:18