We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do any AI resorts allow 3 kids in a standard room?

Milwaukee, WI - USA
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Do any AI resorts allow 3 kids in a standard room?

The prices seem to skyrocket the second you go from 2 adults/2 kids to 2 adults/3 kids. I am amazed at how much the price goes up for just one more kid. It seems that the resorts don't allow you to book a standard room.for 5. Part of me is tempted to just book it online saying 2 adults/2 kids and then see if the resort would just allow us to stay in the same room type and pay a little more for an extra child when we get there but not sure if I am willing to risk it. Any tips?

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do any AI resorts allow 3 kids in a standard room?

Some resorts have family rooms that allow 5 people. Grand Sirenis is one but there are several others. I think the Azul resorts also have family suites available.

Booking two adults and two children and then arriving with three children is not a good idea at all. What happens if the resort refuses (likely) to allow a third child in the room and there are no other rooms available when you arrive? Will you go from resort to resort looking for accommodations?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,950 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do any AI resorts allow 3 kids in a standard room?

Palace Resorts also have family rooms. If Cancun is a possibility, The Omni has villas andthe Gran Caribe Real has some rooms with bunk beds.

Level Contributor
243 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Do any AI resorts allow 3 kids in a standard room?

5 in a standard room, unlikely.

5 in an upgraded "family suite" or larger room with more space (and a larger price-tag), certainly.

I'm not sure the ages of your children, but remember too that anyone over 12 in most Mexican hotels is considered an adult. That may weigh into to the pricing fluctuation as well.

Edited: 22 January 2014, 12:33
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,742 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do any AI resorts allow 3 kids in a standard room?

This thread could use updating but at least it will give you a place to start - tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150812-i23-k40938…

As noted by Tiki though, the AGES of your children is highly relevant. If any of them are over age 12 or 14 (depending upon the resort), then you're looking at THREE (or more) adults and (up to) TWO children and could have an even harder time finding a resort that will let you all stay in the same room. If this is the case, then consider booking a family suite (some resorts have 'em) or even look at a timeshare resort. Another option would be to ditch the AI altogether and just rent a condo or villa.

5. Re: Do any AI resorts allow 3 kids in a standard room?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 06:38
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question