We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand palladium?

Derby
Level Contributor
243 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Grand palladium?

Hi, I am looking for a holiday to celebrate my 60th birthday next February, we have been to Mexico about 10 years ago doing a tour/beach holiday, this time we want a relaxing holiday with a few excursions, can anyone give me any info about this hotel, is it suitable for what we require? We are looking to at hopefully the kantenah side of the hotel although I think you cannot guarantee this when booking, we like wildlife and walking. Thanks for any replies

Ormond Beach...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand palladium?

If you go to the Akumal forum, there is a lot of info under top questions on the right. We have been there 3 times and really like it. The grounds are lovely with a river running thru the complex, lots of walking. Salt water pool is very nice and relaxing.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand palladium?

Palladium is excellent for walking, wildlife and nature. Is is also ideally situated for easy access to the area's sites. You can go to resort entrance and just get a collectivo into Playa Del Carmen or go the other way to Akumal and Tulum. The collectivo's are only about $3.50...cheap and safe transportation. You can catch them anywhere along the highway and from Calle 2 in between Avenida 15 and 20 in Playa Del Carmen.

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand palladium?

I used the Palladium Addict website also before we went. It was very helpful. We stayed in the Kantenah side which if I understand correctly has been re-furbished recently.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
962 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand palladium?

Another vote for the Grand Palladium. I am pretty sure you will enjoy it there. It is a wonderful resort.

Derby
Level Contributor
243 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand palladium?

Many thanks for all your replies

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand palladium?

If you are able to book a Mayan Suite, I would highly recommend them. I am not acquainted with booking from overseas but I know that Apple does offer booking for the different areas of the Palladium. We met some really nice couples from different areas of the world at the Palladium and at the Secrets Resorts. I'm sure you will love the Palladium - it's soooo pretty!

Derby
Level Contributor
243 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand palladium?

We are only allowed to book the colonial and kantenah sites, I do not know if we could upgrade when we get there if there are any rooms available, does anyone know the answer? Many thanks for your replies which are helpful.

8. Re: Grand palladium?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 05:19