We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about rooms and number of kids

Boston...
2 posts
Save Topic
Question about rooms and number of kids

Hi All,

I would greatly appreciate your input about the following question.

We are planning our first ever AI Mexico vacation this April. My husband and I have 3 kids: 8 year old, 5 year old and a baby that will turn 1 right before our trip. The baby sleeps in our bed and is not likely to gain his senses and stop this behavior in Mexico :). Therefore, our family will really need only 2 beds (and we really have to be money conscious, as well).

When I try to search online (apple vacations) and say that there are 3 kids, many resorts do not come up in search. When I say 2 kids, I get many options. Could someone please explain to me how do these AI resorts treat a 1 year old? Could I still get just a regular room with two beds?

I know that flying in lap incurs some fees, but not a full ticket price (something that apple site is not equiped to deal with because different airlines have different rules).

As a specific example -- I really like Iberostar Paraiso del Mar, but it is not coming up in my search if I say 3 kids.

Thank you!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,662 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about rooms and number of kids

Here's a link to an older thread that lists resorts that allow 3 kids in the room with you - tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150812-i23-k40938…

You could certainly check with resorts that only allow 2 children and see what their position is regarding the baby but I suspect their policies are firm. Not that you've suggested it but I certainly wouldn't recommend you book a room with the 2 child limitation and hope that they'll be ok with the 3rd child (albeit a tiny one!) when you get there.

Good luck!

Boston...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about rooms and number of kids

Thank you!!

we were able to get a regular room at Iberostar Paraiso del Mar. our agent called the hotel and they were ok with it. our reservation has all the names on it and the room type. i hope it will be sufficient when we show up at the hotel.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
205 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about rooms and number of kids

I'm also traveling with an infant. I usually do price search at Expedia or Orbitz without including the infant. When you are ready to book, tell the Apple or Funjet rep that you have an infant, they will then add the infant tax. If your infant is listed on the itinerary then it should not be a problem at the hotel. However they may tell you they do not allow 5/room but some resorts do allow 5 people.

4. Re: Question about rooms and number of kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2015, 05:28