We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for resort prefer smaller ..nice beach

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
152 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for resort prefer smaller ..nice beach

I am looking to meet a friend flying from England and I'm flying from Canada. I have been to the maya riviera twice and both times the resorts were very large. I'm looking for recommendations for a 4 star plus resort, nice beach, love to swim in the ocean and under 600 rooms. We are travelling in Sept..yes I know it is hurricane season. Looking for recommendations.

Texas
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for resort prefer smaller ..nice beach

Are you looking for all inclusive? If so the Royal Hideaway Playacar comes to mind, it's in south Playa Del Carmen in an area known as Playacar (gated community). It is smaller, adults only and has a beautiful beach. It's also located close enough to town that you can walk or take a short cab ride to explore 5th Avenue.

Actually if under 600 rooms is your main requirement there are tons of resorts. Perhaps more details including a price range would get you some better information.

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for resort prefer smaller ..nice beach

Catalonia Riviera Tulum is adults only, small, beautiful beach, and in the jungle.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for resort prefer smaller ..nice beach

El Dorado Maroma, Royal Hideaway, Live Aqua, Le Blanc.

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for resort prefer smaller ..nice beach

Sorry...that would be Catalonia Royal Tulum, not Riviera Tulum.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,625 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for resort prefer smaller ..nice beach

Valentin Imperial Maya is less than 600 rooms and has, IMHO, a VERY nice beach.

Flushing, New York...
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendations for resort prefer smaller ..nice beach

if you want great bang for your buck, the VIM has a beautiful beach, great food etc...

7. Re: Recommendations for resort prefer smaller ..nice beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2015, 06:19