We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

riviera maya

Liverpool
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
riviera maya

Do you recommend any places to visit in riviera maya? Also this is a stupid question but do they have tequila beer?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
758 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: riviera maya

On one hand you have tequila, on the other there's beer... Wait a minute!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: riviera maya

I can't believe I never thought thought of that!!! How stupid am I?? Although over here we have beer called desperate which is beer with tequila in it so I thought they may have something similar.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
758 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: riviera maya

Just joshin you daura, I have some fun on this site.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,412 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: riviera maya

This unique subject line caught my interest!!

recommend any places to visit in riviera maya?

Lots, but depends on your style, interests and budget (e.g. do all the big tourist parks Xplor, Xcaret, Xel-Ha - not my cup of tea) - I like to explore more smaller non tourist crowd areas

1st - did you check out the 2nd top question

Liverpool
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: riviera maya

Thank you, I think we will do a couple of the tourist parks and then do some smaller trips. Is it safe to go outside of the resort like into the town? We have never been before so don't really know much about it.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,824 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: riviera maya

Daura - if you're looking at this on a mobile device either log off and get here via a PC or otherwise get to the "regular" web page, not the mobile friendly one. Then, look to the top right - there's a whole raft of "Top Questions" including "Must See and Do Activities and Excursions" and "Safety Concerns" and "First time to Mexico".

You could also Google "things to do in Riviera Maya" and I'm sure you'll come up with a ton of hits.

As far as safety is concerned, this gets asked almost daily, so if you just go through a few pages of forum posts, I'm sure you'll find several recent threads. The short answer though, is that area is perfectly safe provided you exercise the same common sense you do at home - don't flash wads of cash or very expensive jewellery, don't get so drunk that you don't know what is going on around you and don't go wandering down dark, deserted alleyways.

Once you've narrowed down the sorts of things that appeal to you, we'd all be happy to help with the specifics. As it is, as noted by VSD, your question is just too vague and massive in scope for anyone to be able to give you a sensible answer.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: riviera maya

Ok thank you for your help.

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: riviera maya

Hello!!

Hope you got your answers but if not, yes tequila beer exists here, it's a Mexican recipe! They mix it for you...

Regarding the things to see in Riviera Maya I don't even know where to start...swimming with dolphins, swimming with turtle in Akumal, pyramids in Chichenitza, Tulum, amazing evenings and the turquoise sea!!!

Hope you had a great time if you came here!

Delphine

9. Re: riviera maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2015, 06:17