We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer with 1 yr old

Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer with 1 yr old

What is has everyone done when transferring with a 1 yr old. We hate to bring our full sized car seat for a trip each way.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,662 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer with 1 yr old

USA Transfers offers a child seat but it's not GUARANTEED.

I don't know if other transfer companies offer this service too (I suspect they do).

MN
Level Contributor
59 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer with 1 yr old

We brought our carseat. It is the safest way for the kiddos to travel. I am assuming you didn't buy your child a seat for the plane? If you didn't, and plan to check it, be prepared for it to get damaged. But if there are empty seats you may be able to bring it on. Check out Walmart or Target for a Cosco Scenera - less than $40 and you can use it as your travel seat. It's a fairly light seat, make sure you know how to install it using a seatbelt for the transfer.

Good luck and have fun!

The carseats you may get from the transfer may be outdated or unsafe.

Edited: 17 February 2014, 18:43
3. Re: Transfer with 1 yr old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 05:18