We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a AI Hotel for some friends and I

Calgary
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a AI Hotel for some friends and I

Hello All,

So far we have come up with 2 options, Grand Bahia Principe Tulum and Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda.

Just looking for some opinions on these resorts? Food, beach, a little partying. Going down towards the end of april with 3 friends (ages 25-27)

Or if you have any other suggestions, our budget is about $1500 per person, could go up to $1700 for the right hotel. Flying from Calgary.

Thanks!

Calgary
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a AI Hotel for some friends and I

Bump

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,513 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a AI Hotel for some friends and I

Neither of these resorts really do anything for me. The beaches don't look all that nice either. I would look at one of the many resorts in Playacar. There are lots to choose from within varying budgets and you are so close to Playa Del Carmen that you can walk or take a short cab ride to check our PDC if you like. The beaches in Playacar are also nicer than the BBGE or the Bahia Tulum. Check our the Riu properties and the Sandos Playacar.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a AI Hotel for some friends and I

Texas is correct, the beach water at BBGE is terrible. Very shallow, murky water. Not weather related, it's always this way due to the mangrove tree roots. It was a very nice resort otherwise: food, service, pools and rooms. Not sure about a party atmosphere as they only have a large, partially enclosed sports bar. Part of that "bar" has a dinner club and an area for their nightly shows. The resort is also pretty isolated, taking a taxi to PDC could add up.

Calgary
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a AI Hotel for some friends and I

Thanks for the comments guys! I guess being isolated and a crappy beach kind of rules out the BBGE

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a AI Hotel for some friends and I

When are you going? That really impacts the pricing, if you put your dates I'm sure some people could recommend different/better places.

6. Re: Looking for a AI Hotel for some friends and I

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2015, 05:27