We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Paraiso del Mar or Grand Palladium White Sands

Hagerstown, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
2,561 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Paraiso del Mar or Grand Palladium White Sands

I am looking to compare these 2 resorts. Is top shelf liquor available? Is there a dependable shuttle service around the property for someone with mobility issues? Is there an Adult Only pool or area? Any other info you'd like to offer would be appreciated. Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Paraiso del Mar or Grand Palladium White Sands

The completely adult area at Palladium is the Royal Suite section - they have their own pool, own beach section, own restaurant, etc. In the main resort areas, there are adult only pools, including a pool at the spa area. Top shelf liquor is available to Royal Suite guests, and I think other guests can access some areas (the piano lounge) with top shelf, but it is not widespread. There is a shuttle service, by way of a little trolley that runs around - it can get busy at peak times. I have also seen guests with mobility issues being ferried by golf cart (Royal Suites guests can also use the golf cart service), but don't know what special arrangemetns you have to make for that.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
2,561 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Paraiso del Mar or Grand Palladium White Sands

Thanks for the info. The website for GPWS says "national and international premium drinks" but I wasn't sure how up to date the web page is.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
10,557 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Paraiso del Mar or Grand Palladium White Sands

There is premium liquor in the Royal as was said and in Hemingways on the Kantenah side. I can send you a list of the alcohol.

Those with mobility issues can call a golf cart when needed. There may or may not be a wait depending on how busy they are.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
2,561 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Paraiso del Mar or Grand Palladium White Sands

Thank you! Much appreciated!

5. Re: Iberostar Paraiso del Mar or Grand Palladium White Sands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 06:16