We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palladium or barcelo palace

omaha
Level Contributor
184 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Palladium or barcelo palace

Is the barcelo palace worth spending 700.00 more on? I have a 5 year old and an 18 year that will be going.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,896 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Palladium or barcelo palace

same question just asked

See

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g499445-i9177-k7287…

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palladium or barcelo palace

What section of the Palladium and what category of room at the BP?

3. Re: Palladium or barcelo palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 March 2014, 04:05
Edited: 18 March 2014, 04:05
omaha
Level Contributor
184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Palladium or barcelo palace

white sand at the palladium and the reg room at the palace

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palladium or barcelo palace

I still think the palace would be an upgrade to the Palladium and it has a better beach, but I don't think you can go wrong with either resort.

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palladium or barcelo palace

My post about Barcelo complex having a dolphin prison was removed, probably considered to be off topic:)

I can still contribute to an original question. We stayed twice at the Barcelo before of the dolphin pool and at the GP 8 times.

The only one area that we found the Palace to be better than GP is the quality of food at the buffet. The restaurants also had good food but they are very hard to book - next to impossible, all already booked for a week of our stay. Other then that - the shade availability on the beach and pools, alacarte availability, evening entertainment - all of it was better at the Palladium. There is an abundance of shade and privacy at the Palladium beaches versus only palms at the Barcelo with everyone being in direct view of each other, wide array of the shows, live music, live bands performing till 1 am, very active disco at the Palladium complex versus very limited night life geared toward the families with the younger kids at the Barcelo Palace - dead after 10 pm. I think that there are more older teens and young adults at the GP versus Barcelo.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palladium or barcelo palace

We have never had a problem booking the ala cartes at the Barceló (any section) and we have gone in Jan. (high season). I book them when we arrive right after I check in and have changed them throughout the week. We also found that by visiting different lobbies, there was always one with music and people hanging out,etc. We like both, but the Barceló is one of our faves (partly because of their amazing beach).

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
137 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palladium or barcelo palace

no,not $700,maybe $200.It is a beautiful complex,but the beach is nicer in front of the beach & tropical area

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,936 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palladium or barcelo palace

I would stay at the Palladium Complex. They have unlimited alacartes - don't need reservations, beach is nice and long - there's sandy, rocky (good for snorkeling) and they have a saltwater pool. Food and drink is good and overall a really good value for the price. They are currently rennovating the different areas but I do know that the Kantenah side is completed. I enjoyed my stay there.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,379 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palladium or barcelo palace

There are plenty of activities for both your 5 year old and your 18 yr old at the Palladium. They have a new water park for the kids, a kids club, a teen club, sports bar, athletic fields, two theaters and two beach bars open 24/7 with food.