We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best value all inclusive

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
491 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Best value all inclusive

Does anyone have any suggestions on AI in the Riviera Maya area? Im travelling solo. I like an adult section, but the whole resort doesn't have to be adults only. Want variety of restaurants, a spa, and a good beach to soak up the sun. Tks!!

Canada
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best value all inclusive

Without a more specific want list or a budget, I would suggest the Palladium. It was the first place we stayed in RM and use it as a base of comparison for what we enjoy. It has everything a good vacation needs, but is a very large resort, and that is the one reason we go elsewhere. If you can find it under $1500 from Halifax, that would be a good value as a single.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best value all inclusive

i agree grand pall is the best place we are coming back in June and cant wait. there is a secret pool if your wanting some peace and quiet also the spa

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,006 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best value all inclusive

I am not sure if it is still offered by any Canadian tour operators, but our first two trips to Playa we stayed right in town at the El Tukan Condotel. It was not AI at the time, but is now....and since AI packages from Canadian cities can frequently be better value than booking air plus a non AI hotel, I would recommend that one- then you are right in town, get beach club passes, and can drink for free at the hotel and beach club and have breakfasts at the hotel and maybe some lunches and then eat dinners off the resort.

Another budget one in town in a good location to walk everywhere (like the El Tukan) is the Real Playa del Carmen- same caveats apply.

Might be good choices for a budget trip, especially travelling solo. Lots to do in the evenings in town, not so much at remote AIs, usually, other than cheesy shows and hanging with mostly couples. Just my 2 cents. :)

4. Re: Best value all inclusive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 05:16