We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best luxury all inclusive for foodies need recommendations

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best luxury all inclusive for foodies need recommendations

Hi All,

I need your advice regarding choosing an all inclusive in Mexico. We are a married couple in our thirties. We don't care much for activities, service, room amenities, spas.. We are looking for a luxury resort with amazing restaurants and beautiful calm beach. Adults only is a plus, but not necessary. We like quiet, we like to be left alone, and dont want to party. We are used to staying in 5 star resorts such as riu palace and secrets. Our budget is about 2000/person. Thinking of going in the fall or winter. thanks in advance

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
797 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best luxury all inclusive for foodies need recommendations

LeBlanc

Grand Velas

Zoetry

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,090 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best luxury all inclusive for foodies need recommendations

Agree with above and would also add Royal Hideaway.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,460 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best luxury all inclusive for foodies need recommendations

I was going to suggest Grand Velas but at a nightly rate of around $8000/night, your $4k budget isn't going to go far. I would also point that GV is significant step up (maybe even a giant leap) from the likes of Secrets and certainly Riu Palace.

Other than GV, I hesitate to recommend ANY all inclusive for foodies but maybe look a Royal Hideaway which is reputed to have excellent food.

If that's outside your budget (which it cerainly will be if that $2k per person has to cover flights as well), and nothing in post #1 works for you, then look at anything in the Secrets chain, the Eldorados, the Excellence properties and the Valentin Imperial Maya (all adults only).

Edited: 05 April 2014, 22:00
Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,460 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best luxury all inclusive for foodies need recommendations

Oops - just noticed a typo - the Grand Velas runs around $800 (eight hundred) a night, not eight thousand as posted above.

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,090 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best luxury all inclusive for foodies need recommendations

LeBlanc has very good food too.

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best luxury all inclusive for foodies need recommendations

Very surprised to see one poster who has been to LeBlanc, and Secrets The Vine, each more than once, say they prefer the food at Secrets The Vine???

(I have been to Secrets Maroma)

Grand Velas is supposed to have some of the best and most upscale food.

But, I am not sure that this is the resort for me, even at a more reasonable rate.

Lots of factors to consider, as each of these resorts with good-to-great food are very, very, different!

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best luxury all inclusive for foodies need recommendations

The budget is somewhat flexible. I would pay more for a better resort. By the way, I'm open to other resorts outside of mexico if someone can recommend... Thanks for all that posted! Keep them coming.

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,090 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best luxury all inclusive for foodies need recommendations

Iberostar Grand was another good one. You can get lobster breakfast, lunch or dinner. We had several good meals there.

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,432 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best luxury all inclusive for foodies need recommendations

El Dorado Maroma has the beautiful, calm beach and quiet. Food was good. I don't consider the Riu 5 star, so compared to that, I'd venture that EDM would be a big step up in every category.

Royal Hideaway has very good food, is peaceful at night, and is on a beautiful beach. You can find better deals for RH than EDM. There is a some noise from neighboring resorts and a fair amount of beach traffic, but the resort itself is very sedate.

Le Blanc Spa is very luxurious, and I would rate it the best food of the 3. The beach is gorgeous, but water is rougher (though an incredible color) in the hotel zone. The level of service, sophistication, and pampering is above either of the other two resorts and, if I'd have to venture a guess, most other resorts listed except GV. It may be over your budget. We booked LB through a Palace Member which saved us a lot of money and came with very nice perks. Depending on what time of year you decide to go, this may be the best deal for LB or occasionally there are cheaper ways of booking online (though rarely). PM me if you want to know more about my experience booking through a member. I've also heard of good off-season deals on Costco and cheaptickets.com.

IBG is another option, and probably a good one. There do seem to be some big issues there with the towel game and I hear mixed things about the food. I have stayed at the first 3 if you'd like to read my reviews.

I would not go to Excellence for peace and quiet, beautiful beach, or food.

If you are thinking of outside of Mexico, check out Palm Island Resort and the pricier, but right up your alley and amazing looking Guana Island. Off-season rates make it more affordable. Also, Couples Negril in Jamaica would be a very good option.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best luxury all inclusive for foodies need recommendations

Thank you for such detailed recommendations! I'm now considering IBG, it appealed to me the most from the reviews. Thanks again!