We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

xpu ha or isla mujeres

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
122 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
xpu ha or isla mujeres

hello, does anyone have opinions on which place we should spend our last four nights. In Xpu Ha we would stay at Al Cielo and on Isla we would stay at Ixchel Hotel. Never been to either. We will be in Tulum and Punta Allen at the beginning of our trip. What do you think? I love the beach and swimming and I know playa Norte is amazing from the pics, but xpu ha looks more my style without the crowds. If Playa Norte is really that beautiful, I can swing it.

Puerto Aventuras...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: xpu ha or isla mujeres

if you are looking for beach destination xpuha is a better option

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,526 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: xpu ha or isla mujeres

Xpuha is isolated with a great beach / very few vendors

Isla is a variety of many things (great but busier beaches, shops, 150+ restaurants, many more places to see

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
122 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: xpu ha or isla mujeres

Thanks for the responses! Now I'm thinking maybe holbox since it has some things to do but not yet as touristy as isla. What do you think? Thanks!

Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: xpu ha or isla mujeres

It's a bit of travel time & effort to get up to Holbox. Slightly shorter to shuttle ferry out to Isla. Save the time & keep in your travel line from south to north by staying in Xpu Ha.

If you want the splurge in Xpu Ha, yes to Al Cielo. It will be pricey but simple and very small. Or save a few bucks and step up the activity level and stay next door at Catalonia Royal Tulum (even though Tulum is in the name, it's next door to Al Cielo at Xpu Ha beach). Adults only, creature comforts, air conditioning, great service, beautiful beach, definitely not as expensive as Al Cielo. Easy to get to Playa del Carmen town from here, as well as cenotes and other tourist stuff if you want.

Bye,

SeaBass

Edited: 03 June 2014, 04:48
Puerto Aventuras...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: xpu ha or isla mujeres

al cielo is offering betwen 30% to 50% discount in their rates,,,,

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,629 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: xpu ha or isla mujeres

What time of year? If you don't like crowds but are going in low season, or a less popular month, Isla Mujeres might not be too crowded for you. Playa Norte is not a long beach though, so if you are looking for a quiet and uncrowded long/large beach, Xpu Ha is going to be much better.

7. Re: xpu ha or isla mujeres

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 07:17