We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Books to Read

San Francisco...
7 posts
Save Topic
Books to Read

Going to Akumal in 2 weeks and love to sit on the balcony or on the beach and read great books. The thing is, I need some new reading materials/authors to read. Love Nora Roberts, Lee Child, Lisa Jackson. Let me know some of your favorite Authors/Books/Series. Thanks for any input!

Oregon
Level Contributor
470 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Books to Read

Karen Kingsbury…ANYTHING she writes is so good. But the "Redemption Series" is amazing.

Francine Rivers. "Redeeming Love" is one of the best books I have ever read.

Then of course the is consummate best "Beach Reads" IMHO

Jackie Collins…The "Lucky" series

Sylvia Day's "Cross Fire" series was so so so good

and then 50 Shades is always good!!

ENJOY!!!

San Francisco...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Books to Read

Thank you Rodiree - I will definitely check some of these out. Always love finding new authors to read.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,716 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Books to Read

Robert B. Parker. Of course, he is no longer with us - but his books are great. They have somebody new writing "for" him now - but I'd be careful with those.

I love Jen Lancaster for a good chick lit/beach read.

Harlan Coban is a great newer author I discovered a couple of years ago.

LOL -- I would not want to be seen reading the 50 Shades books in public --- but that's just me. ; )

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,367 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Books to Read

Anything by Jennifer Weiner will make a good beach read...............I like all of the Maeve Binchy novels too...

Edited: 07 June 2014, 15:43
San Francisco...
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Books to Read

Thank you very much! I will definitely look up all these authors. Can't wait.

Southern California
Level Contributor
13,224 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Books to Read

Maeve Binchy is good, I also like Anne Rivers Siddons and Dorothea Benton Frank, both Southern authors who (especially Dot Frank) write good beach reads some with hilarious scenes.

Texas
Level Contributor
784 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Books to Read

JR Ward's Fallen Angels series (good vs evil in a bid to rule the world) and her Black Dagger Brotherhood series (vampires live among us) are good.

I also love Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series (historical fiction). Starz is making Outlander into a series that starts August 9th.

I'm thinking about reading Gone Girl, but I can't decide if it's too heavy for a beach read.

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,758 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Books to Read

My all time favourite : The Art of Racing in the Rain, by Garth Stein. Give it a try. I think you will like it!

Sellersburg, Indiana
Level Contributor
233 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Books to Read

Gillian Flynn books are great beach reads.

10. Re: Books to Read

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 05:16