We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

maroma resort

us
Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
Save Topic
maroma resort

Can anyone tell me how far the Maroma resort is from town .I think it o

is near Puerto Morales. Would it be near enough to go to dinner at nite.We have never been there befoe and I am not sure about the the lay of the land. Thanks

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,420 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: maroma resort

You are going to be about equidistance between PM and PDC, about 20 minutes once on the highway.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,547 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: maroma resort

Unless you are renting a car, the taxi fares could quickly add up. This is an area of resorts, there are no restaurants or bars close by. An alternative would be the small town of Puerto Morelos. There are places there for dinner and entertainment in the evening.

Edited: 09 June 2014, 22:03
Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
3,740 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: maroma resort

Yup, located pretty much half way from Puerto Morelos to Playa del Carmen. Including the access road from the highway to the resort, probably 20 minutes to either town. The resort is nice but food options expensive since you're captive there. The cost of a taxi to either town blows any food cost savings.

Definitely will need to rent a car. Very inexpensive. Do your homework on how not to get ripped off. Listen to those of us who rent every time, not the fear mongers who never have rented. Super easy, super safe, super affordable. Just one highway north/south, so very hard to get lost. Well lit at night, road & hotel signs well marked, too. Plenty written on this website on the subject. Or pm me for tips.

Bye,

SeaBass

Edited: 09 June 2014, 23:33
us
Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: maroma resort

Thanks for the info.I didnt realize you had to get on the highway, I thought you can just run into town and the stores like you can in Cancun.

Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
3,740 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: maroma resort

Check out google maps and do street view. it's wonderful. you can see every inch from the airport terminals to tulum!

6. Re: maroma resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 07:16