We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in January

Weybridge
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in January

We are currently booked for 6 night 1-7 January but getting increasingly concerned about the weather that seems to be pretty bad at time of year

As that was supposed to be the beach part of the holiday we are now considering changing location to Dauin

Anybody who can advise?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,534 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in January

The weather last January 2011 in Cebu is near perfect... it rained for a number of minutes in some days and we welcome it very much as we also need water for flowers in our garden and agricultural produce to survive.

During that time is also the celebration called Sinulog and it went well as the weather cooperated.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
2 posts
974 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in January

Weather in January is normally pleasant, cool in the 80s(Fahrenheit) and no rain. It is actually the best time to visit the Philippines.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,534 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in January

I agree... actually Jan. and Feb. are the best months to visit the Philippines.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,351 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in January

I have been to Malapascua 4 times. One time was end of December 2003. A German man was complaining loudly about the bad weather and was told it is winter, what do you expect!

It may rain the whole time you are there. There may even be a typhoon. However, the most likely weather pattern will be rain for a short time each day and fine for the rest.

Regardless of the weather on all 4 trips, I have enjoyed myself. I expect you will too.

Regards: Jim

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in January

Hey great question .As my wife and i will be visitng Malapascua jan 15 -21 . Hey big Jim does weather improve through January. I heard also the water turns greenish at this time..Sounds like weather should be ... A lot better than january in Vancouver lows of 25 highs of 40 f.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,351 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in January

Yes, continuous improvemt until May

Regards: Jim

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in January

January's the best season to visit. No more Christmas crowd, mild weather - not too much rain and not too hot. Plus, it's not the peak season so you can negotiate for hotel discounts.

8. Re: Weather in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Malapascua Island