We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Bantayan Island to Malapascua Island

Which Malapascua Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Quezon City, Quezon...
2 posts
Save Topic
From Bantayan Island to Malapascua Island

Hi :) what's the most convenient way to reach Malapascua Island from Bantayan Island?

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,076 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: From Bantayan Island to Malapascua Island

I have taken that trip but I have forgotten how it went. However, I do know the guy fr LP if we are talking about the recent one, and he did take that trip. He writes it the way he experienced it.

So I will just put it out there to those who question the credibility of Lonely Planet.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,442 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: From Bantayan Island to Malapascua Island

I think you have it mixed up a bit, the buses from Bogo to Hagnaya go west via San Remegio and no where near Daanbantayan. The Maya buses from Bogo head north and they go via Daanbantayan. There is a jeepney ride from Hagnaya but again it takes the route back to Bogo City and there you need to change again.

----------------------------------------

Thankyou

But

As I said...The last time I, that is me, not you, took a bus from Maya to Cebu City, instead of turning left to go to Bogo, it turned right and went to Hagnaya. After Hagnaya, it went to Bogo.

The trip from Maya to Cebu City took 5 hours. The trip from Malapascua to Cebu City took 6 hours over all.

Since then, not wanting to spend 5 hours on a bus, I have used Danny Noy.

As I also said, it may not do this any more. But since some people are still reporting long journeys of up to 7 hours over all from Malapascua to Cebu City, I suspect that some busses still might be running this route. Otherwise, i have difficulty accounting for such long trip times.

Regardless, it doesn't matter for me if the bus will not run between Daanbantayan and Hagnaya, because going back to Bogo is still the long way around.

Thankyou

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,442 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: From Bantayan Island to Malapascua Island

He writes it the way he experienced it

---------------------------------------------------------

I have not read a whole Lonely Planet since 1994. and just a few snatches of different versions since, where i will check a few specific sections relating to places I know. Shortly afterword, i will put it down in disgust.

However, I am not doubting at all what you say.

And am very pleased that he has at least visited the Philippines.

What I am trying to point out is that he PROBABLY wrote it as he experienced it ........"one time".

Which means for instance, if he didn't strike low tide at Maya, he would not report that you have to take a small dinghy to get to the bangka boat.

Quezon City, Quezon...
2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: From Bantayan Island to Malapascua Island

Thanks express trip! :)

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: From Bantayan Island to Malapascua Island

Hi

Just a small warning note..... when the seas are choppy, the trip is a tad scary (This is what I learnt from one of my co travellers). Hence I would suggest that you make the trip when the waves are low.

(There are no SCHEDULED trips between Bantayan and Malapascua)

16. Re: From Bantayan Island to Malapascua Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2014, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Malapascua Island