We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! No transfers to malapascua from Cebu after 5 pm?

Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help! No transfers to malapascua from Cebu after 5 pm?

Hi all, we had booked flights to Cebu during a fare promotion and did not check the subsequent transfers.

We were then told by the resort that there are no boats allowed after 5 pm? How true is this?

Don't quite fancy spending one night in Cebu.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,233 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Help! No transfers to malapascua from Cebu after 5 pm?

Won't the banca owner get into trouble with the coast guard or the port authorities?

--------------------------------------------------

Yes they will if they are public transport and try to leave without the permission of the coast guard.

Private operators do not need coast gaurd permission as far as I am aware. They also do not need to leave from a recognised port. They can just come and go from any beach.

Edited: 27 April 2013, 05:52
Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,233 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Help! No transfers to malapascua from Cebu after 5 pm?

By the way, my last trip to Malapascua was on a private bangka from a beach at Daan Bantayan. Had to wade out to the bangka as it could not get close to shore. Then still walk the plank on to the bangka from about 100 metres out to sea. It had no life vests which did not worry me as i could see land the whole trip. And more importantly, I could see Malapascua from the time I boarded.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Help! No transfers to malapascua from Cebu after 5 pm?

Stay in Cebu City for the night. And just take the early bus the next day.

Safety above all else. And traveling at night in bancas is possible but your insurance wont cover it in case something happens. Enjoy the city. It is actually more fun there night time. ;)

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,303 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Help! No transfers to malapascua from Cebu after 5 pm?

Maybe it all depends on your haggling skills but chartering a boat is expensive even for me even if I can speak fluent Tagalog and conversational Bisaya so much more if I speak in English.

15. Re: Help! No transfers to malapascua from Cebu after 5 pm?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2014, 06:21