We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sea grass

Union, New Jersey
1 post
Save Topic
sea grass

I visited Malapascua 1998 and the beach has sea grass and sea urchin.kinda hard to swim.is it the same? Planning to visit again this summer

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,967 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sea grass

Uploaded especially for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch…

The beach at Logon Beach in September. Showing no seaweed.

There may be urchins around but I have not heard people complain about them

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sea grass

if you don't like urchins, have your revenge by eating them! :p

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: sea grass

lots of sea grass in the area because malapascua is covered with coral reefs that stop the currents. if you want swim and lounge around, then malapascua might not be the best choice. i'd recommend bantayan island.

the malapascua i experienced is more for the snorkeler and diver, with the reef, the sharks in the plateau underneath the water, and the skeleton of a shipwreck on the northwest?! side of the island

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,967 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sea grass

the malapascua i experienced is more for the snorkeler and diver

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't dive or snorkel and I have been to Malapascua 5 times. never noticed any sea weed on Bounty beach or Logon Beach when i have been in the water.

By the way, I was with an American man and his Filipina wife on the last trip. She is from Bantayan Island and they have lived on Bantayan island. the American told me he preferred Malapascua. He was not into diving or snorkelling either.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sea grass

If you like a quiet beach, Malapascua is good.

The sunset is beautiful and Bounty beach is clean.

6. Re: sea grass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2015, 13:19