We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun creams

Northampton
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sun creams

We normally go to the caribbean, so have enough space in our suitcase to pack enough sun cream for 2 weeks. We were wondering how cheap it is to buy in Kalamaki as we are thinking of buying it once we get out there as taking too much would weigh the case down as we won't be able to take so much in our case this year. Is it expensive or pretty much the same price as home?

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
277 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun creams

Hello,

as I remember, sun creams were about 15, 20 euros. Of course it depends on the brand you buy.

Just don't buy ones that are on the sun the whole day, better look IN the supermarkets or pharmacy.

Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun creams

The general rule is that the higher the sun factor the more expensive they are in Greece.

I need 'factor duffle -coat' and so take them with me as they are very, very expensive in Greece.

So if you need seriously high factor stuff......take them with you. You will find that they are much cheaper here in the U.K :O)

Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun creams

And by that I mean anything over factor 25! :O)

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sun creams

It is more expensive in resort if superdrug are doing buy one get one free at home! Depends on your skin type/any allergies really. I have used the local brand, similar to nivea and its fine and not too bad price wise. Most brands are available but as said before go for the stock inside the shop rather than outside.

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,529 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sun creams

Don't even thiunk about buying here, really isn't worth it and at the moment in stores like superdrug they have 2 for 1 offers on so get stocked up before you go.

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sun creams

Hello!

I always buy my Piz Buins from London, they are anything from 50% to 75% (if there's a BOGOF) cheaper.

Bristol
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sun creams

Based on last year 15 euros for 200ml of F10/15, we worked out that it was cheaper to buy 3kgs extra luggage from Easyjet and use it to carry Morrisons own (about £2.99 for 200ml based on last year's prices.

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sun creams

Good thinking! :-)

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,529 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sun creams

Easyjet to Zakynthos?

united kingdom
Level Contributor
377 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sun creams

You could always buy in Boots after going through security and take in hand luggage would be so much cheaper.

Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki
Recent Conversations