We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel / Apartments opposite Bitzaro Grande

Which Kalamaki hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newton-le-Willows...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel / Apartments opposite Bitzaro Grande

Hi,

We stayed at the Bitzaro Grande last year & noticed a small apartments / hotel complex on the opposite side of the road. We could see it from our balcony which was on the same saide as the main entrance to the Hotel.

Could anybody please tell me the name of the hotel / apartment complex opposite?

We are booked to stay at Bitzaro Grande again in May but there is no avaiability for our friends so were hoping to get them booked in close by

Thanks

Lynsey

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,500 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel / Apartments opposite Bitzaro Grande

Its the Metaxa opposite the Bitzaro Grande.

Newton-le-Willows...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel / Apartments opposite Bitzaro Grande

Thank you!

London, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel / Apartments opposite Bitzaro Grande

Avoid Metaxa like the plague - we heard folk so hated it there they tried booking elsewhwere within 1 day! Did you not notice it looked slightly run down?! Am surprised you ddnt seeing as you were in relative luxury where you were.... but maybe you just thought it looked a bit of a bargain! We used to cut thru your hotel to get to the little track tio the beach and felt sorry for the Metaxa residents as we walked by!

Edited: 28 January 2012, 21:54
Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel / Apartments opposite Bitzaro Grande

hearsay is all very well but read the reviews...we know people who stay there year on year and love it...horses for courses...luxury it's not but that doesn't mean it's a bad place to stay

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g659629-d5789…

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
5,092 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel / Apartments opposite Bitzaro Grande

Friends of ours are looking for a cheap apartment in Kalamaki and from the reviews of metaxa will recomend it.Thanks for posting as i would not have known of them.Looks like a great place to stay for under 200 quid.

scotland
Level Contributor
151 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel / Apartments opposite Bitzaro Grande

why not try hotel dennys inn,we stayed there a couple of years ago and it was really nice,and it was very cheap if i remember correct,its only a 2 minute walk from your hotel!!!

Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel / Apartments opposite Bitzaro Grande

I would have to disagee with the posting about avoiding the Metaxa (sorry Dencat!) . We have statyed in the Mextaxa a few times and cannot fault them. They are loverly quiet apartments, lovey pool, owners and the food is excellent.

One year when we stayed there,12 guest from the BG stayed on night in the Metaxa due to overbooking in the BG, before moving to the BG to following night, however, they kept coming back to the Mexata for the week to use the pool and have lunch.

i would defiently recomend them.

Level Contributor
257 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel / Apartments opposite Bitzaro Grande

Denny's inn lovely we are going back for our 3rd visit this year. The staff are so friendly

peterborough
Level Contributor
978 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel / Apartments opposite Bitzaro Grande

Have visited friends that stay there (Metaxa) every year, sometimes 3 times a year and they love it, if you want a quiet pool it is the place to go as it is never crowded...although we have never stayed ourselves it has always looked ok to me.

Edited: 31 January 2012, 20:34
Gloucester
Level Contributor
86 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel / Apartments opposite Bitzaro Grande

Alternatives would be the Amarilyss, Roseland Hotel and Bitzaro Palace - all neighbours of the Grande.

Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki