We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So when is everyone heading out next year?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
So when is everyone heading out next year?

Just booked 2 weeks June 30th -14th July next year, got quite a good deal. Booking is the exciting part and now we've been left feeling like it's ages away! So when is everyone else going?

Yorkshire, New York
Level Contributor
215 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: So when is everyone heading out next year?

You'll be spoilt for choice Debbie :) the Rainbow hotel (just up the road from Essence) has it's own little taverna - me and my sister stayed there few years ago, food was very nice.

Make sure you end the night with cocktails from Kev at Oceanic! Oh I'm jealous... Enjoy !!!

Edited: 24 February 2013, 21:06
Yorkshire, New York
Level Contributor
215 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: So when is everyone heading out next year?

PS as an extra special birthday treat check out Holistic Heaven with the gorgeous Sue and Robbie :) lots of great reviews on TA, and I've experienced their pamper day twice, twas fabulous!

Website is www.reiki-waves.com

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: So when is everyone heading out next year?

We're in the next hotel from you Debbie. You'll love Zante. It's a wonderful island. I've been several times, returning last year with my partner and daughter and it was as lovely as ever. I'd reccomend hiring a car and seeing some of the island if you have time.

London, England...
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: So when is everyone heading out next year?

Hi Mike P

You are saying that you are in the next hotel to us, is that at the same time as we are there. Maybe we will be able to meet up and have a nice cocktail or 2.

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,329 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: So when is everyone heading out next year?

Giving Kalamaki a miss this year,going to Sidari in Corfu instead.But have spent the previous 2 years in Kalamki & loved it !

Have a great hol everyone !

Mentioned in this post
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,329 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: So when is everyone heading out next year?

Hi Debbiedrain,

You will love Kalamaki,I suggest Paolos or The Olive Tree for dinner.We felt Ambrosia had gone down hill alot last year compared to the previous year.but thats just my opinion.Food & service were not great !

Mary

Mentioned in this post
Olive Tree
Olive Tree
1,444 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
Ambrosia
Ambrosia
804 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
5 posts
Save Reply
37. Re: So when is everyone heading out next year?

Me & my partner will b back in September for 2 wks. Our 5th time. Summer just isn't the same without a visit to Zakynthos! :-)

Mentioned in this post
Zakynthos
Zakynthos
Ionian Islands, Greece
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
38. Re: So when is everyone heading out next year?

Yeah us too Zakynthos is home from home for us we went in September last year and it was very quiet in the laganas area but it is wot you make it we travelled everywhere on a scooter for 2 weeks n loved every minute of it wot a beautiful place but it needs more tourists sign of the economy i'm afraid but we will keep goin back...enjoy peeps. ;-)

Mentioned in this post
Zakynthos
Zakynthos
Ionian Islands, Greece
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
39. Re: So when is everyone heading out next year?

Coming out on August 17th for 2 weeks :) anyone know what temperatures to be expecting? My first time

In Zante so I cannot wait :) also st.dennis festival sounds fun can anyone tell me what it entails? I understand there is a parade for the saint, is there anything else that happens during the festival? Really looking forward to it

Yorkshire, New York
Level Contributor
215 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: So when is everyone heading out next year?

It's a great atmosphere, you'll love it :)

There's a big market selling all sorts, some nice things, some not so nice! There's also a bit of a funfair, then along the main street there are lots of people selling grilled sweetcorn, donuts, baklava and souvlaki, the smell - just delicious!

At the end of the night there is a big fireworks display. Oh and olive branches are all over the floor - again, the smell is gorgeous.

Enjoy!

Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki