We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around but not hiring car

Street, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Getting around but not hiring car

Hi all

We are heading to Kalamaki in September but don't want to hire a car. Can anyone suggest any good days out that we could use public transport or taxi and if poss rough prices? In particular good beaches?

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,647 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting around but not hiring car

From kalamaki to get anywhere by taxi of any real interest apart from town will cost you. As for buses they only run frequently between resorts and you have to go to town to change buses to get to the other resorts.

You can always do some trips but you can't really explore by public bus or taxi.

Street, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting around but not hiring car

Thanks for the speedy response! Good to have a heads up, might have to be brave and hire a car for a couple of days! :)

Bicester, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting around but not hiring car

It's a nice walk over the mountain to argassi if your able it looks high but you sort of cut through it rather than go over the top and get a taxi back the mythos tastes better in argassi after you've done the walk.

Level Contributor
413 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting around but not hiring car

Free bus too bannana beach stops at all

The resorts and picks up And drops back off x

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
610 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting around but not hiring car

Would recommend the walk over Mt Skopos to Argassi. You could hire a bike. There is a tour on cycles

https://www.facebook.com/BikeRideZante…

Edited: 31 March 2013, 14:05
Chard, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting around but not hiring car

Could anyone suggest the best way to get to Tsilivi from the airport please. We have enquired about hiring a car but it looks like they want £750 deposit plus cost of hire!!! Is there a bus on a Sunday from the airport to Zakynthos town and then another one from there to Tsilivi? We have had differing opinions and don't know what to believe or how to get anywhere and we have been quoted 108 euros for 4 adults and 2 children. Surely it isn't going to cost around £100 to do 15 kms?? We are going 7 April. so any info would be much appreciated.

London, UK
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos
Level Contributor
2,353 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting around but not hiring car

Busychick, just pick up a taxi outside the terminal (there is no public bus service at the airport) it should cost around 15-20 euros I'd guess. I dont know what car hire company you were using but I've never paid a deposit when I've hired a car. If you want to hire a car, please let me know and I'll give you some email addresses for local companies.

England
Level Contributor
483 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting around but not hiring car

Hi Busychick

Presume your are flight only given the date you're flying out. No bus. Try speaking to whoever you're staying with see if they can arrange a transfer.

Never had to pay a deposit like that on a car! Who quoted you that?

Chard, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting around but not hiring car

Hiii Saganaki13

Thanks for the quick reply and the suggestion, didn't think of that! Certainly will give it a try and see what they say. Re the hire car, it was my daughter who found that out but I don't know which companies she went to without asking her. We didn't envisage paying all that much for taxis and ideally would have liked to have hired a car.

Chard, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting around but not hiring car

Hi Iluvzante

Thanks for your reply. I am surprised there is no bus from the airport and taxies are so expensive! My daughter was looking at hiring a car so I will tell her about the deposit and see if she got it right. Thanks for your info and I'll let you know if I need the email addresses.

Edited: 31 March 2013, 22:06
Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki