We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good all inclusive for couple of 25 & 29

Level Contributor
486 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
good all inclusive for couple of 25 & 29

Hi I am going next year to zante for my good friends wedding. My bf and I were thinking of going all inclusive. We have been to laganas a couple of years ago so we were think of kalamaki or there but laganas is a bit young for us, or the strip is.

Could anyone recommend a good all inclusive in kalamaki? In late august, the wedding is 27th august. We were thinking ten nights or two weeks. How much would this cost roughly? Thanks

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good all inclusive for couple of 25 & 29

I think you miss so much of the resort going all inclusive anywhere in Greece. The bars are cheap enough and the restaurants are great value. You can also find good hotels for a reasonable price if you look around. I can understand families with young children using all inclusive but as for couples I can't see why they would want to.

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
5,323 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good all inclusive for couple of 25 & 29

I 100% agree with Kevin.A I is not a good option anywhere in Greece.The complexes i use in Egypt are purpose built with many bars,pools and restaurants to choose from.The hotels in Zante were not built for all inc.They were originally built for room or BB only and have one dining area and one or two bars.Do yourselves a favour and find a hotel and get out and about to sample the delights Kalamaki has to offer.

Level Contributor
486 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good all inclusive for couple of 25 & 29

Sorry I should have mentioned. We are not restricted to all inclusive I just thot that people would know good hotels. We want a decent one, not too basic as we usually got basic (18-30) and want something more classy. We would be happy with self catering any good hotels in the area would be welcome for suggestion. We really don't know the kalamaki area, only drove thru and stopped for 2 minutes for a shop.

Level Contributor
401 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good all inclusive for couple of 25 & 29

The Venus is great hotel the meandros is as well my parents stayed at them

Both several times x

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good all inclusive for couple of 25 & 29

Well there are quite a few good hotels in Kalamaki, Meandros, Scirocco, Roseland, Venus, Ionian Blue and others that i'm sure members will have their opinion on.

Swinton, United...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: good all inclusive for couple of 25 & 29

Matina, and Amaryllis are a couple more. I really wouldn't do AI to Greece for all the reasons already stated.

northumberland
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: good all inclusive for couple of 25 & 29

Golden Sun is a very nice all inc- check it out!

Swinton, United...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: good all inclusive for couple of 25 & 29

Whoops .....meant Marelen not Matina ..sorry for confusion

Level Contributor
486 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: good all inclusive for couple of 25 & 29

Thanks for all the replies. Have been looking at reviews on here for the suggested hotels. Did not release it was to early to get prices yet. However I will be keeping an eye out. Is car hire expensive in zante? Last time we were there we renting a buggy and quad to get round the island, but don't think my friend would appreciate me turning up to her wedding in one of these. Alternatively how much would a taxi be from kalamaki to tsillivi?

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: good all inclusive for couple of 25 & 29

You should easily be able to get prices unless you are talking about 2014?

Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki
Recent Conversations