We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalamaki weather

Blackpool
Level Contributor
109 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Kalamaki weather

We are due to fly out on May 9th to Kalamaki staying at the VENUS Apartments. First time in Zante (first time in Greece ! ) and wondering what the current weather is. Although we check on various websites they do tend to vary. Really can`t wait for this holiday. Have done Balearics for the last 10 years.

Bromyard, United...
Level Contributor
477 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kalamaki weather

Different websites do vary, and most are wildy inaccurate. I'd expect low - mid 20s, cool enough in the evening to need a fleece or cardigan etc. We too have been to Balearics many times - but once bitten by Zakynthos, don't return elsewhere! Have a great time. 10 sleeps and counting for me!

Machynlleth, Wales...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kalamaki weather

We (hubby,4&6 yr old boys) are flying out on the 5th may. Have been checking the weather religiously and wish I hadn't!! Weather looks like its going to be terrible... Rain,rain,rain! I hope this isn't right!

Level Contributor
127 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kalamaki weather

http://www.meteo.gr/cf-En.asp?city_id=13

This is the site i use after advice from people on here. I think its reasonably accurate...although the main way i monitor the weather is via island fm on internet radio.

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,606 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kalamaki weather

Never known days and days of rain, have a few hours maybe.

Swinton, United...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kalamaki weather

TBH I would stop checking as you can't change it anyway. Go with the glow and I'm sure you'll only have the odd bit of rain, even if you are unlucky. We go to Rhodes on 1st May and it'll be what it'll be. Hopefully Kalamaki for us in September.

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,606 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kalamaki weather

It only takes a change in wind direction and you could have clouds and rain even if the forecast says sun all day. Just go with the flow I say as we can't control the weather.

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kalamaki weather

I've been checking on my iPhone and its never said rain in Zante!

Bromyard, United...
Level Contributor
477 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kalamaki weather

Weather in Zakynthos is so localised that the weather forecasts are pretty much useless unless there's a big storm coming in. I was sat in Waves in Argassi last October in brilliant sunshine, and we suddenly relaised that we couldn't see the town - within about 30 minutes it was black as night, and chucking it down - for about 1/2 an hour - and then the sun came out again! As others have said, it will do what it will do - I know what I'll be doing if it rains, and it'll involve some lovely Zakynthian hospitality for sure!

9. Re: Kalamaki weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki
Recent Conversations